Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

16 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

That's amazing, thanks so much. Should help me lots as I have a tendency to enter wrong numbers at things like this

not a problem .. the ticket shakes are all part of the fun :) I suggest having it all on a paper version too ... just to check if there are any mishaps ... everything written down with shortcode next to it .... 

41 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

Does anybody no how I can make it available for download? haha

You could save it locally and upload it as a file?

Alternatively, you could change the settings of the google doc so that it is completely public (assuming that is why it is failing)

Edited by northernringo

1 minute ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Hi! 

I am looking to surprise my wife with tickets to Glastonbury.

I didn’t realise it would be so hard to get tickets!

just a quick question (possibly first of many!)

should i I manually refresh the mobile on 4g or just let it auto refresh??

auto refresh is every 20 seconds ..... you can do it much faster yourself .... lots of people get tickets on mobiles but I find it a bit fiddly ... maybe borrow a laptop / tablet and tether it if you can ?

33 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Hi! 

I am looking to surprise my wife with tickets to Glastonbury.

I didn’t realise it would be so hard to get tickets!

just a quick question (possibly first of many!)

should i I manually refresh the mobile on 4g or just let it auto refresh??

Worth bearing in mind too that you don't want to refesh too quickly either as they have technology tracking the refresh rate. If you keep it less than 60 in a minute you should be ok.

This is more applicable if you change device mind you, as it is easy to get carried away refreshing on a keyboard.

2 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Worth bearing in mind too that you don't want to refesh too quickly either as they have technology tracking the refresh rate. If you keep it less than 60 in a minute you should be ok.

This is more applicable if you change device mind you, as it is easy to get carried away refreshing on a keyboard.

I have an iPhone, by pressing the refresh  circle arrow thingy ? next to the web address at the top, this would just be the same as pressing f5 on a laptop? Or would it be a “hard” refresh like people have said don’t do? 

14 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

I have an iPhone, by pressing the refresh  circle arrow thingy ? next to the web address at the top, this would just be the same as pressing f5 on a laptop? Or would it be a “hard” refresh like people have said don’t do? 

No, as far as I'm aware a 'soft refresh' will still count towards the refresh limit.

Happy to be told otherwise though!

Edited by northernringo

6 hours ago, Billy Shears said:

Hi guys, for those left to head up the organisation of a large group of hopefuls, the attached document that I've made might be of use to you! 

It gives a step by step guide to a tried and tested system that people have discussed on here and other information useful to newbies! 

It's not really 'tips or tricks' but organization seems to be a good start for ticket day! 

I made this document a 'Google Doc', which could be accessed and edited by anyone who has the link - the link was then put in our group Whatsapp so people could add there details to the document and build the teams. It seems to have been popular amongst my teams and easy to understand.

I know a lot of people will already have their own systems in place but for those who don't please feel free to crib off this one.

I'm hoping sharing this on here will bring some of you ticket success on the 6th and also mean the ticket gods look favorably on me!

Cheers and best of luck for Tday!

Glastonbury Team Sheet.docx 19.44 kB · 8 downloads

5 hours ago, northernringo said:

In fact I can see your original attempt was saving it locally and uploading so perhaps create a google doc and make it publicly read-only?

Thanks for the tip - I'm hoping this works!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CfGcFAaSLWah-c9oyD-tnYGrk3Q1BxMF/view?usp=sharing

• Upvote 1

What's going on with this lock business?

Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends. If the transaction fails and tickets are still available, your registration number will be released to give you the chance to try again.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/full-2020-ticket-info/?

25 minutes ago, uscore said:

What's going on with this lock business?

Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends. If the transaction fails and tickets are still available, your registration number will be released to give you the chance to try again.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/full-2020-ticket-info/?

Locked it incorrect... Don't get nervous! 

12 hours ago, Billy Shears said:

Nice work, think I’ll get this saved and filled in for our group and pass it on to a couple of others who are trying too. The T-Day gods will have you in their thoughts come next week. 

19 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

What??? We're not supposed to do a hard refresh?? I thought we were supposed to do those!!!!