Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

Some great info from the more tech-savvy inclined as always! Not massively knowledgeable in this area myself, but reading through some comments regarding the cached pages / endless loop of death has me worried! Maybe that's where I've gone wrong in the last couple of years...

What's the best way to prevent this? Close down and re-open your browser every now and again? Private / Incognito tabs? And how can one tell if one is trapped in aforementioned loop of trans dimensional-cached page of death?

Oh, and the usual ticket-day anxiety ensues......

1 hour ago, pentura said:

What's the best way to prevent this? Close down and re-open your browser every now and again? Private / Incognito tabs? And how can one tell if one is trapped in aforementioned loop of trans dimensional-cached page of death?

From what I’ve seen you’ll never actually know. What’s worse is after reading it earlier in the thread I’m pretty sure this is what happened to me last year in April as I was still on the holding page about 20 minutes after sell out and it never updated to say “sold out”.

The ticket day fear has now become even worse!

Edited by DareToDibble

Good news: "Once you reach the payment page you will have 5 minutes to submit your payment information"

Bad news: "Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends."

15 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

From what I’ve seen you’ll never actually know. What’s worse is after reading it earlier in the thread I’m pretty sure this is what happened to me last year in April as I was still on the holding page about 20 minutes after sell out and it never updated to say “sold out”.

The ticket day fear has now become even worse!

Brutal! I think is definitely what happened to us also both for 2017 and 2019 tickets. I usually keep the Glasto Fest twitter live feed open so can see the updates and seem to recall was still on the normal holding page after the sell out, just like you. 

This is not helping my already increasing nerves!!! 

12 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Good news: "Once you reach the payment page you will have 5 minutes to submit your payment information"

Bad news: "Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends."

An attempt to book is already held against your number.  

Please people don't be the person in multiple groups who mess up ya mates chances with selfish behaviour. As tempting as it is to go at all costs a bit of basic manners is priceless. 

Rant over but in my defence had a girl in our group who done this. She's out.

1 minute ago, mashedonmud said:

An attempt to book is already held against your number.  

Please people don't be the person in multiple groups who mess up ya mates chances with selfish behaviour. As tempting as it is to go at all costs a bit of basic manners is priceless. 

Rant over but in my defence had a girl in our group who done this. She's out.

Precisely the reason I'm wary when people ask to 'team up' to form groups of 6.

Probably 90% of those teaming up wouldn't do it but it is a huge risk to take!

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Precisely the reason I'm wary when people ask to 'team up' to form groups of 6.

Probably 90% of those teaming up wouldn't do it but it is a huge risk to take!

Think most on here are aware of ticket buying etiquette. But I was let down by a mate and her daughter. Not sure if this system was in place but they attended and four of us didn't. Never need pushing back at shaky hand stage of transaction.

Am I bitter and twisted?

F@ck yeh. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

.......I was let down by a mate and her daughter. Not sure if this system was in place but they attended and four of us didn't. Never need pushing back at shaky hand stage of transaction.

Am I bitter and twisted?

F@ck yeh. 

I would seriously consider some for of mild retribution on that ex-mate for doing that!!

What do we think of this? https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/full-2020-ticket-info/

"Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends. If the transaction fails and tickets are still available, your registration number will be released to give you the chance to try again."

Looks like multiple people attempting to use multiple registrations are gonna hit problems.

Just now, Gilb said:

I would seriously consider some for of mild retribution on that ex-mate for doing that!!

As I can not prove either way wether this did cost us a place, as the other unknown group got through early. But instead of informing our group that we could delete them they were busy celebrating. Who knows if the extra seconds of panic caused us to lose out. She's forgiven but won't be in my group. Ever. ?

7 minutes ago, czuk said:

What do we think of this? https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/full-2020-ticket-info/

"Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends. If the transaction fails and tickets are still available, your registration number will be released to give you the chance to try again."

Looks like multiple people attempting to use multiple registrations are gonna hit problems.

I'd say that the only time your registration is locked is after you have clicked confirm on the second screen whereby your next screen is the payment one.

It's unlikely that at that point you won't get a ticket.

Don't see the issue with this?

19 hours ago, northernringo said:

Works for me ☺️

8 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Nice work, think I’ll get this saved and filled in for our group and pass it on to a couple of others who are trying too. The T-Day gods will have you in their thoughts come next week. 

Happy days - We got there in the end!! haha! 

Let's hope so @lukethekid

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Reading how prepared other people are makes me more worried. All I have is a piece of paper with some numbers on it and an F5 button.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

My technique exactly.

Mind you I missed out last year. ?

Don't panic but....

Fix it,

fix it,

for f'cks sake fix it. ?

3 hours ago, pentura said:

Some great info from the more tech-savvy inclined as always! Not massively knowledgeable in this area myself, but reading through some comments regarding the cached pages / endless loop of death has me worried! Maybe that's where I've gone wrong in the last couple of years...

Oh, and the usual ticket-day anxiety ensues......

Yeh... This is what's freaking me out. I only noticed it in the resale this year, and only when it became apparent that it had sold out and my screen wasn't updating. I wonder now if that's what always happens (as I've never got to the payment page in a lot of attempts....and I am definitely not pressing refresh more than once a second)

Maybeit's because I clear my cache??? I don't get white screen of death anymore, but maybe I get this instead? 

Or is the difference doing a hard refresh?? I thought it might be, but someone above said we shouldn't do them so now I'm mega confused. 

Edited by Sasperella

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Well Mrs Jass will not be joining us.... Baby Jass II will be joining us in April.

I'll be trying next week as hard as ever, but if I don't make it I probably won't bother with the resale.

Congrats! Are you sure you'll want to go when the new one is only two months old, though?

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Congrats! Are you sure you'll want to go when the new one is only two months old, though?

Thanks.

Mrs Jass has told me that I have to go given that I haven't shut up about the 50th for years. We've discussed and she is fine with me going, her Mum will just come to stay for a few days while I'm gone. 

If I decide I don't want to I'll just get a refund.

Edited by Hugh Jass

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Thanks.

Mrs Jass has told me that I have to go given that I haven't shut up about the 50th for years. We've discussed and she is fine with me going, her Mum will just come to stay for a few days while I'm gone. 

Yeah, was more asking if you would want to, rather than being allowed! I guess as it's your second, though, you'll know how you'll feel by then. Hope all goes well. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah, was more asking if you would want to, rather than being allowed! I guess as it's your second, though, you'll know how you'll feel by then. Hope all goes well. 

Thanks, just means I can be a little more relaxed about the sale. If I get a ticket then great. If not, well, it’s not the end of the world.