Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Can you also help on my question about being stuck in the loop of death???

I think the loop of death is an urban legend to those (unlike us) who have never been in it (it probably sounds like crazy talk!), I suppose that's why your not getting many replies about it- but they'll learn.... one day they'll all learn!

18 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I think the loop of death is an urban legend to those (unlike us) who have never been in it (it probably sounds like crazy talk!), I suppose that's why your not getting many replies about it- but they'll learn.... one day they'll all learn!

I am hoping now it was just something that happened in the resale this year. I've never got to the payment page before though and so the crazy part of my brain is worried it always happens!

Out of curiosity, do you clear cache before the sale...? I'm wondering if that's what caused it....

9 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I am hoping now it was just something that happened in the resale this year. I've never got to the payment page before though and so the crazy part of my brain is worried it always happens!

Out of curiosity, do you clear cache before the sale...? I'm wondering if that's what caused it....

i don't clear anything but am none the wiser as to the loopy thing ... I might have had similar but can't be sure so Im going back to tried and trusted methods , im in no way techny minded though , Ive just picked up some stuff from the years of ticket tips and tricks posts :) 

50 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

It's happened to me twice, not just this year. Also, I've just remembered, someone on these forums demonstrated it is due to exceeding the number of refreshes. After the sale they had some the see tickets glastonbury page (can't remember which, but they linked to it on here) and said if you hit refresh more than 60 times in a minute it brought up the false looped page of death.

30 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It's happened to me twice, not just this year. Also, I've just remembered, someone on these forums demonstrated it is due to exceeding the number of refreshes. After the sale they had some the see tickets glastonbury page (can't remember which, but they linked to it on here) and said if you hit refresh more than 60 times in a minute it brought up the false looped page of death.

Might not be what you're referring to but simply hitting

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com 

more than 60 times in a minute will fire the 'busy' page right now. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

From the other thread, the addition bank auth will be the killer I reckon. Ties you to the response time of their systems - all as the timer ticks down. Not expecting to get through this year. Gonna work it.

ive not had any issues getting the code before ... but maybe thats just my experience 

Yeah but magnify that for ticket day? There was a time some while ago when they did this and it bought the system to its knees. Then See did a credit control opt in and the problem went away for a few years. Now the banks have changed the playing field and set up two factor auth as a requisite again.

6 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Yeah but magnify that for ticket day? There was a time some while ago when they did this and it bought the system to its knees. Then See did a credit control opt in and the problem went away for a few years. Now the banks have changed the playing field and set up two factor auth as a requisite again.

But is this going to happen.....there is mention of it on the ticket info but only the usual Verified by Visa etc....no specific mention of the new regs.

Has anyone bought anything from See recently and seen anything different?

I'm not sure the new visa verification process has come in to play yet, apparently the aspiration was from 14th Sept. My understanding is that there is a delay whilst banks sort their shit out e.g.customers with little or no mobile signal for example. I may be wrong, I hope not, don't need an additional hurdle to stumble over Sunday week.

Edited by oneeye

The bonus I see on this (if there is one ) is that everyone will be having the same issue ( potentially ) so It might reward those with perseverance ( 99% of people on here ) if the sale time gets extended .. It will all be good think positive everyone :) 

(apologies for all the brackets ) 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The bonus I see on this (if there is one ) is that everyone will be having the same issue ( potentially ) so It might reward those with perseverance ( 99% of people on here ) if the sale time gets extended .. It will all be good think positive everyone :) 

(apologies for all the brackets ) 

6b44a11e13ff3ee4ccdb34b56dc81c92.jpg.a511743eb81493201227f14512520a5b.jpg

For those old enough to remember ??

Edited by oneeye
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2