Strummerville

Beerqueen

4 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

It’s very chilled out, sofas, recliners, campfire. It’s a lovely place to take 5. 

Looking for punk style bands for a mate and saw Snapped Ankles and Young Offenders on at Strummerville which I thought ticked boxes.

From your description I can’t imagine a punk set up there?

6 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

I was looking forward to Tootard in Pussy Parlure on Thursday, but I really don't want to miss Frank Turner secret set at Strummerville if it happens. Sure it will at some point over the weekend whether it's Thursday or not.

Double winning, realised Tootard are playing the Truth stage on Thursday night so can see them and Frank. Made up, that's made my Friday

6 hours ago, lazzareo said:

Where is Strummerville? 

Walk into the Stone Circle field, turn right and go through the hedge, then turn left up the hill towards Pennard Hill Gate. Strummerville is on your right. It's a great late night zone, nice vibes. Always stop for a few rums.

43 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Walk into the Stone Circle field, turn right and go through the hedge, then turn left up the hill towards Pennard Hill Gate. Strummerville is on your right. It's a great late night zone, nice vibes. Always stop for a few rums.

Great stuff - thanks for the info.

51 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Eurgh bit annoying the app gave that away. Was considering heading up there on the off chance it was him but would have to get there well early now. 

Go see Jonny whose on before him im sure youll be fine. Really surprised they announced it. I expected him to tweet an hour or so before 

I was planning to go up there for the Very Special Guest regardless  but will definitely go up there now - will aim to get there for the act before I think.  @Watergirl I take it you've heard this?

As I said before I love Strummerville.  I first went up there in 2016 and thought I was going to die it seemed such a slog and had to take a  break (or two?) on the way up.  Went again in 2017 and was surprised how quick and easy the walk was - I was there in a hop, skip and a jump!  

As others have said, it's very chilled, friendly with a bar and sofas.  They did a mean Bloody Mary in 2016.

• Upvote 1

Just saw this. Big Frank fan here, but I missed him at Strummerville last time as he clashed with Motörhead. I have actually never been to Strummerville. Doesn't clash with anything this time as far as I can see.

Edit - anything that I really want to see, that is.

Edited by Watergirl

9 minutes ago, hurdy said:

What's it like for space when there's a big name on? Is it an area you need to arrive early for? 

The area is pretty small.

This video from last time Frank Turner played there will give you an idea

• Like 1