Arcadia?

Stubbsy55

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They contacted a few by the looks of it … glasto shat also got contacted 

A waste of time, I'm surprised they're even bothering. Once Carl Cox posted the image that was it, screenshotted and saved by thousands instantly.

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Wishful thinking. Wouldve been great if that was the  apparent error.

Alas, I was sounded out to scout RDJ’s replacement - so just don’t want to give anyone false hope. It’s dead as the dodo for 2022 at least.

Huge blow, was my outright no.1 behind Kendrick.

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Alas, I was sounded out to scout RDJ’s replacement - so just don’t want to give anyone false hope. It’s dead as the dodo for 2022 at least.

Yeah, shame. I mean I saw him twice 3 years ago so its still reasonably fresh, but just to have a set inside the spider of all places. Doubt he ever comes stateside again.

About 20 odd years ago Westwood did an interview with Snoop on radio1 which is one of the greatest pieces of broadcasting i’ve ever heard. Never reached those dizzy heights before or since. 

If anyone can turn it up for me i’d be eternally grateful.

Edited by Twiggy553

12 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Probably Calvin harris is meant to be labelled as his “love regenerator” monkier. Which sounds like a late night film in the 80s on channel 4. 

this would make sense then he could also headline Other against Macca.

8 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Or @Ddiamondd is a player in an elaborate ruse to put us off the scent for when RDJ turn's up under one of his many pseudonyms. 

This is what's really happening, isn't it? ISN'T IT??? 😭

16 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

A waste of time, I'm surprised they're even bothering. Once Carl Cox posted the image that was it, screenshotted and saved by thousands instantly.

I agree. It was probably on ten thousand different WhatsApp groups within twenty mins of it being posted. 

26 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Probably Calvin harris is meant to be labelled as his “love regenerator” monkier. Which sounds like a late night film in the 80s on channel 4. 

That’s not a bad shout actually. CH maybe too big for Arcadia when billed as CH.

Or Team Carl Cox just fucked up.

19 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Or @Ddiamondd is a player in an elaborate ruse to put us off the scent for when RDJ turn's up under one of his many pseudonyms. 

This is what's really happening, isn't it? ISN'T IT??? 😭

tal

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

spider hype 

Sure it used to be taller when it was by the old Strummerville/unfairground is but I can't find a photo of it. Or was that the afterburner there way back when? 

Edited by spg
Add comments

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Can't be easy finding someone to fill the gap left by a name like Aphex! Although, maybe they already had someone in mind? 

49 minutes ago, mcshed said:

So no.2 then?

This genuinely made me laugh out loud for some reason 😁

1 hour ago, TheDayman said:

I think I'm more surprised about him being, as the Guardian puts it, "one of the best-known names in hip-hop and rap in the UK for the past 40 years", than anything else.

He is, or at least was at any rate. He’s been one of the biggest champions of hip hop in this country since the start.

He’s a massive twat, but his influence and prominence in the genre is undeniable.

21 minutes ago, spg said:

Sure it used to be taller when it was by the old Strummerville/unfairground is but I can't find a photo of it. Or was that the afterburner there way back when? 

Here's an iffy photo from 2010. There was a lot of ska on if I remember right. Dunno if I'd of been happy playing under there lol

P6246315.thumb.JPG.92760650aa65d4b27225643523bf9634.JPG

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

Here's an iffy photo from 2010. There was a lot of ska on if I remember right. Dunno if I'd of been happy playing under there lol

P6246315.thumb.JPG.92760650aa65d4b27225643523bf9634.JPG

2010 was the birth of the spider.  That year, the current spiders legs were attached to the afterburner before it got it's own body for 2011.