Janet Jackson Headlining?

LastWaltz

21 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

And seriously where & when do people think she will play?

The Friday West Holts headline maybe? The Chic Slot? That headliner?

I doubt she'd have accepted any other stage than the prestigious and world renowned Pyramid shaped one.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Janet followed by The Cure would be the biggest crowd change since the last one that I said would be the biggest crowd change since Lana Del Rey into Robert Plant.

Such a weird 1-2, not only for how different they are but for how they’re each gonna be received by the crowd. Whilst both are huge acts, it’s been a while since either have had any kind of mainstream success over here. Can see Janet’s crowd thinning out an awful lot after the initial curiosity wears off, and Chemical Brothers are gonna have an absolute monster of a crowd that night.

9 hours ago, MrZigster said:

This is just the funniest thread since forever :) :) 

I wonder what she/her management were told?

And seriously where & when do people think she will play?

The Friday West Holts headline maybe? The Chic Slot? That headliner?

This was my thought.  They can spin this as a headline slot.  Stage would suit it.  I don't think Janet/Her Entourage etc. would necessarily be that au fait with the fact that the Pyramid is the main stage.

Edited by 4AssedMonkey

9 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

This was my thought.  They can spin this as a headline slot.  Stage would suit it.  I don't think Janet/Her Entourage etc. would necessarily be that au fait with the fact that the Pyramid is the main stage.

That would explain why so many fanatical supporters of hers are SO adament she's headlining... They'd *technically* be right: what a hilarious loophole ?

Just now, gfest2009 said:

That would explain why so many fanatical supporters of hers are SO adament she's headlining... They'd *technically* be right: what a hilarious loophole ?

Based on that I will *technically* be headlining the bottom of Muddy Lane with my critically acclaimed "Drunk Man Stumbles Around in a Circle" show.

See you there

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Recycling headliners from 2017 again.

I've had 2 years to update it, do you think I've done nothing with my time?

This time I've added slurring and falling into a bush. New material alongside the classics.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Just sad down and listened to some songs with the GF and I think we both were in agreement she is so bad jesus what was Emily thinking.

Out of interest, which songs?

Struggling to get my head around the concept of Janet's musical output being the subject of so much criticism at a festival that has booked George Ezra, Years & Years and Anne-Marie.

2 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Out of interest, which songs?

Struggling to get my head around the concept of Janet's musical output being the subject of so much criticism at a festival that has booked George Ezra, Years & Years and Anne-Marie.

For the record I also think Goerge Ezra, Years & Years and Anne-Marie are also pretty trash but.

We listened to the first 8 of the songs on the following link, we just googled Janet Jacksons most famous songs haha

https://www.google.com/search?q=janet+jackson+famous+songs&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB819GB820&oq=Janet+jackson+famous+&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.2943j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

On 3/21/2019 at 9:02 PM, Xeph1995 said:

Just sad down and listened to some songs with the GF and I think we both were in agreement she is so bad jesus what was Emily thinking.

Only because you don't like them it doesn't mean they're bad. Most music critics adore and praise her music, from Pitchfork to Spin to Slant and so on. Your opinion is only yours, the consensus says she has some of the greatest, most important and innovative music ever made. I don't even know who's the Cure, but it doesn't mean they're bad or unimportant. I'm smarter and more objective than that, so I don't disrespect artists I know little about or don't like only because I have a different taste. You shouldn't either, because you can't change the fact that Janet is one of the most respected, awarded and successful artists in history.

Janet is still one of the best-paid artists, she's still touring, having No. 1 albums and singles, doing Vegas residency, performing at the world's biggest music festivals and award shows. And all of that nearly 40 years after her first single! How many artists from the 80s can be doing all of this or anything of this? Janet is unstoppable!

BONUS: Janet has sold 3 times more records than all other Glastonbury 2019 participants combined and has more albums at all-time lists of the best albums ever made than all of them, and her albums are ranked higher.

110317jackson05.jpg?w=620

Edited by jntsrb
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jntsrb said:

BONUS: Janet has sold 3 times more records than all other Glastonbury 2019 participants combined and has more albums at all-time lists of the best albums ever made than all of them, and her albums are ranked higher.

She's sold more than the 3 mainstage headliners combined, which is quite impressive but she's not sold more than the entire lineup combined the cure and the killers selling about 30 million each, miley almost 16 million and Kylie Minogue has a whopping estimated 80 million. Janet has sold 100 million, which is more than any over participant but not combined thats ridiculous. Also what do you mean by she has more albums on the best albums ever made, that's subjective and pretty impossible to find out if its true or not

For the record (no pun intended) i think she's a great booking and deserves a huge slot and wouldnt be a weak headliner if she was headlining i just dont think you need to bend the facts to show how impressive she is, because that goes without saying

I used to like Janet Jackson in my teens.

I can understand why she would headline a festival in the US where most of those sales have been made but she has been an irrelevance here since about 1994.

I would contend that Shed Seven have had a bigger impact here in the last 25 years than Janet Jackson. I wouldn't support Shed Seven playing high up on the Pyramid and I don't get Janet having a high billing either.