Janet Jackson Headlining?

LastWaltz

Without any bias in place, I think her placement on the poster means shes going to have a good slot. Without any other considerations I would think shes subbing. 

With personal bias- Janet is one of my must sees. I hope she has an earlier spot so she doesnt clash with anything else. But its mad to think that. She clearly thinks shes headlining and will be high up enough that she can still claim that. 

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Without any bias in place, I think her placement on the poster means shes going to have a good slot. Without any other considerations I would think shes subbing. 

With personal bias- Janet is one of my must sees. I hope she has an earlier spot so she doesnt clash with anything else. But its mad to think that. She clearly thinks shes headlining and will be high up enough that she can still claim that. 

Why does she thinks she’s headlining??

1 minute ago, MetaKate said:

Well posting a poster where shes the first name. To me that means she thinks shes a headliner. 

Surely it’s just publicitity and the people she’s posting it to are her fans who will want to see her first?!

I’m 99.9% sure she hasn’t got confused and then none of her team have told her either. 

Edited by sisco

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Surely it’s just publicitity and the people she’s posting it to are her fans who will want to see her first?!

A lot of her fans are absolutely adament that she's headlining too though. They are actually incredulous at the thought of anyone being 'above' her.

Just now, MetaKate said:

Kylie IS the legend slot though, so that makes sense to me. 

But they aren’t usually on a top line either.  Seems to have been done for 1. ego’s and 2. to pad the lineup out a bit for anyone initially looking at it

8 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Suggestions of Janet Jackson on the other stage are mental, of course she’s on Pyramid. LG is subbing Killers too so she’s not got that slot 

IS LG subbing definitely confirmed? I know thats the info Neil got but I can't see Janet taking 3rd, I think she'd have just skipped Glasto if that was all she was offered.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Could argue that Kylie is too.  Probably a bit of ego stroking. 

Legend slot has always been billed equal to a sub headliner though, so not too much of a stretch to bump it up a bit to be on the top row. I also don't buy that they'll have just plonked Janets name up a bit if she wasnt subbing (plus what I said before, can't see her coming all the way to the UK to play a low slot at a fest that doesnt pay well to begin with).

I currently have:

FRIDAY

Pyramid: Stormzy // Liam Gallagher // Metal Slot // Ms. Lauryn Hill
Other: Tame Impala // Two Door Cinema Club // Bastille

SATURDAY

Pyramid: The Killers // Janet Jackson // Miley Cyrus // Snow Patrol
Other: The Prodigy replacement // Courteeners // Hozier

SUNDAY

Pyramid: The Cure // George Ezra // Vampire Weekend // Kylie
Other: The Chemical Brothers // Christine & The Queens // Jorja Smith

Legend slot gets the biggest crowd everytime and also has the most anticipation in my experience. If anything it could be bigger than all three headliners but I could just have had a glass of wine too many and be talking bollix. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

IS LG subbing definitely confirmed? I know thats the info Neil got but I can't see Janet taking 3rd, I think she'd have just skipped Glasto if that was all she was offered.

Legend slot has always been billed equal to a sub headliner though, so not too much of a stretch to bump it up a bit to be on the top row. I also don't buy that they'll have just plonked Janets name up a bit if she wasnt subbing (plus what I said before, can't see her coming all the way to the UK to play a low slot at a fest that doesnt pay well to begin with).

I currently have:

FRIDAY

Pyramid: Stormzy // Liam Gallagher // Metal Slot // Ms. Lauryn Hill
Other: Tame Impala // Two Door Cinema Club // Bastille

SATURDAY

Pyramid: The Killers // Janet Jackson // Miley Cyrus // Snow Patrol
Other: The Prodigy replacement // Courteeners // Hozier

SUNDAY

Pyramid: The Cure // George Ezra // Vampire Weekend // Kylie
Other: The Chemical Brothers // Christine & The Queens // Jorja Smith

Neil’s info was that he was subbing the Saturday.

The poster isn’t usually set out the way it has been this year.  And for instance Katy Perry was on the 2nd line with subs last year and the Legend was underneath that. 

3 hours ago, gfest2009 said:

A lot of her fans are absolutely adament that she's headlining too though. They are actually incredulous at the thought of anyone being 'above' her.

To be fair the Neil Lonsdales of the world are pretty adamant that she's a nobody who has no songs, won't attract an audience and should be replaced by Foals. 

35 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

To be fair the Neil Lonsdales of the world are pretty adamant that she's a nobody who has no songs, won't attract an audience and should be replaced by Foals. 

Yeah, well, maybe we could go for a nice rational middle ground

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Neil’s info was that he was subbing the Saturday.

The poster isn’t usually set out the way it has been this year.  And for instance Katy Perry was on the 2nd line with subs last year and the Legend was underneath that. 

I know but Neil had info previously that he was subbing Friday (which would make a lot more sense with Janets date + the Courteeners clash). I dunno which source was more credible (or if @adequate8 had heard it too sepeartely or something).

Last year was a very small legend too comparatively. Kylie is a much bigger name, and agreed with what others have said is that the legends slot always gets lots of publicity and a big crowd. Plus Emily is making a bigger deal out of these named slots than she used to (with the metal slot now being a thing) so I wouldnt be surprised.

I still can't see Janet playing any lower than sub. otherwise why would she play Glasto at all. Her ego obviously from the photoshop makes me think she wouldnt take a lower slot. If she was sold on it as Macca was headlining that day (before he dropped out) too then I guess it would have made sub more palatable.

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I still can't see Janet playing any lower than sub. otherwise why would she play Glasto at all. Her ego obviously from the photoshop makes me think she wouldnt take a lower slot. If she was sold on it as Macca was headlining that day (before he dropped out) too then I guess it would have made sub more palatable.

Tbh we went thru this with Katy Perry last year back before her career went to bits. It's a name who usually does headline slots who will have been wooed into a 'special guest' type slot on the main stage. It doesn't matter if she is a sub or third because it's not like she's warming the crowd up for anyone - it's her show.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Expected her in this exact slot when she was first rumoured so not too surprised by this. Just leaves a big question mark over who’s gonna sub The Cure and where Miley is gonna end up (I’m assuming it won’t be her below Bob and the lads).

Surely VW or Ezra

Just now, sisco said:

Surely VW or Ezra

VW was my thought as I’m assuming Ezra is Stormzy’s sub. Had kind of soured on VW being a sub lately as this new album promo doesn’t seem to be taking off quite like I thought, but I suppose they’re in a similar position to Tame Impala in 2016 and are an ideal sub for The Cure.

Problem is that the Weekend Vamps are stepping down venues at this point and are quite low down the poster to be in sub contention. I'd stick with Miley playing the apres-Legend and Boring George subbing one of the days but maybe there's a TBA sub.

edit: Yes^

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Problem is that the Weekend Vamps are stepping down venues at this point and are quite low down the poster to be in sub contention. I'd stick with Miley playing the apres-Legend and Boring George subbing one of the days but maybe there's a TBA sub.

edit: Yes^

So VW are playing 4th down in that case? Realistically I cant see how else you can fit everyone else in (assuming Courteeners & Prodigy info are true) with also including another sub.