Doves...

MilkyJoe

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:34 AM, Popsider75 said:

I'm going to Bearded Theory so will probably watch them there.

I watched Jimmy Goodwin at the Park when his set got curtailed in the big thunderstorm and they closed all the stages.

And me, I was gutted it got cut short, but at least he'd played Oh Whiskey by that point! Biblical storm wasn't it.

It's hard to imagine that the year Doves re-form, they won't be at Glastonbury! i'm so hoping they get added at the next announcement.

On 12/30/2018 at 12:40 PM, priest17 said:

I have a real fear they're not gonna be on the line up.

1 hour ago, Wakey321 said:

Sadly confirmed by Andy (the drummer) on instagram that they won't be on the farm this year!

Awh man there goes my There Goes The Fear joke.

That's a bummer mind. There's a dearth of guitar bands that I'm into on the lineup so was looking for them to prop up the Park or JP on the Friday.

Watched a few recordings from last night and there's a couple where Jimi's voice seemed a little weak. Be good to hear if anyone that was there in person last night or at the RAH tonight can confirm/deny.

1 minute ago, captainglen said:

Emily Eavis’ insta story shows she’s at the Doves gig in London tonight!  

She won't have been disappointed....they were absolutely on it.  Smashed through a classic set list and clearly overwhelmed by the crowd reception.  Great gig ?

16 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Not too late to sign them up I reckon, especially as Emily was there ast night. Unless they don't want to play this year? I wonder if they were waiting to see how the gigs went down first before committing to the big G? I am clinging on to that hope anyway

Highly unlikely they wouldn't be booked already for the higher slot they'd command. 

Shame, but at least they are at Tramlines. 

Would love a secret  set, as long as I get to know about it first!. An Elbow type Friday night slot at the Park would go down a treat. As would Other stage opener. As would a Libertines Pyramid type secret set. I don't care, they just have to be there. Or a killers Sunday afternoon JP type set

8 hours ago, briddj said:

image.png.2ae68ddeaa0d6f0f303cb15dc2d041b6.png

Thanks. Shame. I’m going to Glasgow anyway (and don’t have a Glastonbury ticket) but seems a big miss. Though also promising they’re talking about still being a thing in 2020.

Edited by MEGABOWL