so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

My mum has a mobile, but never switches the bloody thing on. Not that she would know what to do with a text anyway. Anyhoo had to take the 'rents for flu jabs and asked them if heard of stormzy...a resounding no at 74 years of age. She does know of Olly Murs and little mix but think that's more because of them playing at local rugby stadium.

Mumsnet is indeed a scary place, I was browsing for a while but too scared to post unless it was about raising twins. Every answer to every marital problem someone had was "leave the bastard".....even has it's own acronym (LTB!). Lot of angry women on there.

23 minutes ago, Woffy said:

My Mum’s called Shirley. 

So I call her that instead of Mum.

To which she replies, with a “...but don’t call me Shirley”. 

And I’ve been cracking up at that for 20+ years and she still has absolutely zero idea why. 

But, does she know who Stormzy is? Perhaps there’s a correlation between mams who haven’t seen airplane! but know who Stormzy is and him headlining the Pyramid. Hmmm. 

3 minutes ago, Glastocat said:

But, does she know who Stormzy is? Perhaps there’s a correlation between mams who haven’t seen airplane! but know who Stormzy is and him headlining the Pyramid. Hmmm. 

I texted her (with x’s) about 30 minutes ago. 

No response as yet. 

She’s probably telephatically waiting until I go for a shit to call me (instead of texting) back. 

34 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

My mother is a member of the Women's Institute, I would bet the national debt of the USA on her not knowing who Stormzy is.

How to make Jam? Yes.

Who Stormzy is? Nope.

Just as a little foot note, I'm frankly appalled at the lack of kisses on some of these screen shots. Always a kiss to my mum on a message, and always one back. @Mardy full marks sir, 2 kisses?.

2 kisses for Mrs Q. 2 for Mother Qperior would therefore be odd beyond words.

24 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

My mum offers opinions. And she’s 80.

BCE03A6D-BF31-4213-B905-C107EC774F8D.thumb.jpeg.42a8a46d955f890c265b7d7440bc64bd.jpeg

She pretty much summarised about 10 pages worth of arguing there.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

How do we know all of our mums aren't having a quick google before replying? We need a more fool-proof test.

Yes, this is all far too random. We need age categories, technology usage levels, paper reading preferences, have they ever attended a festival, have they taken (non prescription) drugs. Charts and Venn diagrams to really get a feel for this situation. Jeremy Kyle to do lie detector tests when confronted with "did you Google who Stormzy was mum/mam/mother/Shirley?"!

• Upvote 2