so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

5 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Caught me. My list was just going to be Daft punk 20 times. After I saw Daft punk 20 times, then Id still rather see gaga, kendrick, fatm, wolf alice, fleetwood mac, gambino, rihanna. So i technically did a list of 27. Theres more I'd rather see still, but those are the ones I think could potentially headline.

I did a quick fly through my spotify and the list quickly got to over 25 I think could headline... they included such acts as: Foals, Drake, Vampire Weekend, Childish, Kendrick, Fleetwood, Led Zep, Wu-Tang, Tenacious D, Pearl Jam... its pretty easy to think of acts who I would rather see headline. Hell Id rather see Pink haha 

22 minutes ago, Quark said:

And on a different note, we don't really need Havors to post his list do we? Christ, if every conversation and opinion on here has to be backed up with full evidence the world's going right down the bloodypan.  So someone has used a nice round number to illustrate a point, so what? All getting a bit fractious...

Ironically, he would probably have caused less of a commotion if he'd just done a list.

But then, if Pablo Honey hadn't been number 9 we would have had a category 5 shit-storm on our hands... 

Just now, Havors said:

I did a quick fly through my spotify and the list quickly got to over 25 I think could headline... they included such acts as: Foals, Drake, Vampire Weekend, Childish, Kendrick, Fleetwood, Led Zep, Wu-Tang, Tenacious D, Pearl Jam... its pretty easy to think of acts who I would rather see headline. Hell Id rather see Pink haha 

You lost me at Pink. 

5 minutes ago, Mardy said:

He might only have one album but he passes the canteen test, which is more than some headliners have done

(Canteen test: sitting have your lunch with the people you work with

“You going to that Glastonbury then?”

“Yep” 

“Whos’s playing”

“Arcade Fire” 

“Who? Never heard of them. What’s that then. Peruvian arse flute whistling”

”Stormzy” 

”oh right, yeah, I know. Anyway wouldn’t get me going, mud, khazis, all that. dunno why you bother etc etc” )

that's surely more down to people who wouldn't go because of all the mud and stuff being pretty clueless about music in general and basically only being interested in showbiz and celebrity culture?

Arcade Fire were (and still are) all over Radio 1, multiple UK no.1 albums (and a no.2 album when the headlined). anyone with even a vague interest in music will know who they are.

most people in the canteen would be happy with Take That, Adele and Kylie Jenner (instagram set)  headlining every year.

2 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

I'm with you here. I often think about posting then worry about potential backlash just for having a different opinion. 

I like Stormzy, seen him twice and he puts on a good show. I think he is a risky but good choice for the festival. Can I think of plenty of better headliners who I would enjoy more? Yes of course and most people on here could if they were honest, I mean the last few pages is people admitting he's not their kind of thing.

When did this forum become so bloody reasonable and level headed?? haha 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nope, just thinking in terms of the backlash that some acts that are perceived as a bit different have generated in the past. Like I said, purely theoretical.

And on a different note, we don't really need Havors to post his list do we? Christ, if every conversation and opinion on here has to be backed up with full evidence the world's going right down the bloodypan.  So someone has used a nice round number to illustrate a point, so what? All getting a bit fractious...

I'm with you on both fronts.

I've read years of froth on here about Jay Z, but I was in the crowd, higher up the hill so could see a healthy turn out and everyone had a cracking time.

4 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

he said 20 that "deserve a chance just as much as he does", not 20 that would headline over him.

there are plenty of acts that are sub-Pyramid level and banging on the door of headliner, similar to Stormzy.

He posted (and I quote) - "I post a list of acts I think should headline before stormzy im going to be hung drawn and quartered by some people on here who dont grasp people have different opinions.... am I teasing you too much?? haha"

He then changed that in another post to the quote you copied.

Just now, sime said:

He posted (and I quote) - "I post a list of acts I think should headline before stormzy im going to be hung drawn and quartered by some people on here who dont grasp people have different opinions.... am I teasing you too much?? haha"

I didnt change.... you are reading my posts out of order... :D I said deserve to as much... then i said... in a different conversation if i post act i think should headline before...

come on lets stop going around in circles about nothing haha 

3 minutes ago, sime said:

that was the original comment.

1 minute ago, buffy394 said:

I havent read the whole thread but..

Stormzy headlining the festival, literally the festival AFTER he subbed the Other stage, with no new material out and one album seems a completely insane booking to me.

Indeed, you haven't read the comments about his forthcoming second album :P 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Indeed, you haven't read the comments about his forthcoming second album :P 

Ah I see.

I am a Stormzy fan and I thought he absolutely smashed it last year, a definite highlight. It just seems like a big punt, as I cant see a headline slot looking that different to his 2017 set.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The endless "hahas" have beaten me.

That's what the haha was originally designed to do.

NOUN
haha (noun)
  1. a ditch with a wall on its inner side below ground level, forming a boundary to a park or garden without interrupting the view.
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't see it that heavy myself, the two would never connect for me. The Streets came across a lot more jokey for me...they just got taken more seriously than Goldie Lookin Chain.

Sounds like you've only listened to 'Fit But Don't You Know It' if your opinion on The Streets is that they're a jokey band.

One of the pioneers of UK garage and urban music in general, Stormzy himself would tell you that.

Comparing them to Goldie Lookin' Chain is just ignorance.

• Upvote 4

I'm personally for him getting the headline slot as think it's important Glastonbury start bringing through the next generation of headline acts away from the rotating Coldplay/ muse cycle.

A big doubt though is that he's headlining Snowbombing and I don't think they've ever shared a headliner before given that Snowbombing has never in the past had the typically Glasto sized headliner acts on their lineup

20 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

that was the original comment.

And then he made another where he went further, saying others should headline before he does. That's the quote I was interested in. Not the original one.