so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

1 minute ago, Northern Soul said:

It’s been 22 minutes since anybody has wrote ANYTHING in an other thread. This one has had about 60 comments in that time?. It’s a great thread?. A big pat on the back to all involved?

Wait.... there are other threads!? 

23 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I feel like an arse when Iog onto eFestivals dot co dot uk and disregard something that the chief puts faith in but the blurb seems like rumours cobbled together from the NME. Probs just me being stubborn.

If it is true, it's a pretty insane opportunity being given to a fella whose second album would be only a few months old and has never played more than an hour in his life. It'd be some Arctic Monkeys 2007-level faith in a scene that isn't as staid as the indie rock world. I'd be happy for him cos he seems like a good egg and it's great for the festival to be looking away from the tried-and-true, but it seems unrealistic all the same.

I seem to remember  watching Coldplay in 2002 headline The Pyramid with only one album released.

Oh and they opened with a new track !

Their world took off from then !

Who booked a one album indie band to headline The Pyramid !

40 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

was getting concerned with mums memory but she's put me to shame with her answer .... im off to google search stormzy and sting collaborations ... meanwhile mum is high fiving some of the other mums on this thread :) 

Had to disappoint, but I have the horrible feeling she may have confused Stormzy with Shaggy ?

Age doesn't appear to be the defining factor if people know Stormzy. Many mams know far more about him than I do but also many think he is a graffiti artist. Others have pointed out people from younger generations don't know who he is but I'd assume his core fan base would be 30 or under. 

Earlier in the thread it looked as though many of us from up north didn't know a lot about Stormzy. So perhaps northern mams are less likely to know who Stormzy is rather than southern mams.

Just throwing it out there.