so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

Beautiful work here today everybody.... I wish my mum was still with us, im pretty confident she would have gone the Banksy route.!

fatyeti24, i think your question from one of the other threads (below) has been well and truly answered...

13 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

I love that this week's litmus test for headline eligibility is whether our mums have heard of them. 

Why would anybody ask their mum about contemporary music?

58 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Beautiful work here today everybody.... I wish my mum was still with us, im pretty confident she would have gone the Banksy route.!

fatyeti24, i think your question from one of the other threads (below) has been well and truly answered...

It certainly has. Thanks everyone. 

I think I'd be quite disappointed with Stormzy to be honest. I don't feel as if one album (maybe 2 by the time it happens) is really enough to headline Glastonbury. I know a few bands have done it in the past, but I feel like Stormzy is a bit of a naff choice at this stage.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Oh boy. Comment box, click to choose files, browse until you find it. Then attach it.

Get @Phoenix Girl's mum to help you out, she's clearly more savvy than you are :D

Give her a real test, come on.

3 hours ago, Woffy said:

7EE209F7-6779-494D-905B-B07C0EB6730C.jpeg

My Mum was right.

“I think he is very well known but not universally popular”

Wonderful work today people. Spent an hour catching up with it all and loved every minute of it. My mum will be getting a text in the morning. 

My Dad has been gone 5 years and would have been 71 now. Being an ex music industry type having worked for various record labels between 1973-1986 he was always quite switched on and open to hearing new stuff. I'd regularly get late night drunken messages from him when he was tanked up watching Jools and other music programmes either waxing lyrical about his love for a particular new act that was on, or bemoaning the 'Token Womad Act'. However, Rap was his consistent blind spot and was always universally derided. Had I text him tonight I I'm sure I would have received a confirmation that he knew Stormzy, followed by a barrage of messages about how shit rap music is and seething at the thought of a rap artist headlining Glasto. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

I can attest to that. See mine and @Yoghurt on a Stick’s too and fro in the “In the loop” thread Sunday night/Monday morning?

12 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

I was feeling more than a little sheepish the next day reading it back?

I did read this. I was so entertained and a little bit overwhelmed on my commute into work. It should be published. Well played.