Self-Confirmed 2019

mcshed

Not sure if this has been picked up but Evening Standard interview might suggest Blossoms playing?

Which festivals are you looking forward to this summer?

Community in London. We’re second from top and it’s nice to be on later in the evening when it’s getting darker and everyone’s had a bit more to drink. We’ve played with the Kooks a lot, they’re mates, and it’s just after Glastonbury so we’re going to go straight there. It should be a great week.

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/music/blossoms-interview-tom-ogden-tour-a4132316.html 

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Not sure if this has been picked up but Evening Standard interview might suggest Blossoms playing?

Which festivals are you looking forward to this summer?

Community in London. We’re second from top and it’s nice to be on later in the evening when it’s getting darker and everyone’s had a bit more to drink. We’ve played with the Kooks a lot, they’re mates, and it’s just after Glastonbury so we’re going to go straight there. It should be a great week.

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/music/blossoms-interview-tom-ogden-tour-a4132316.html 

Would definitely suggest a Friday/Saturday Glasto set during the day.

Edited by briddj

5 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Stanton Warriors self-confirm on Facebook

I love Stanton Warriors and, yet, have managed to miss them every time they've played. I'm sure this year will be no different. It's the same with Freestylers. 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

I love Stanton Warriors and, yet, have managed to miss them every time they've played. I'm sure this year will be no different. It's the same with Freestylers. 

Same out of 48 sets I think I have seen one in the Glade ?

18 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Seen them every year they have played since 2004, they missed a year maybe 2014 or something i was so gutted that year

17 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Billy Bragg, every year since 1980?

An old efestivals thread suggests him, Bodger & Badger, Nik Turner, Steve Hillage and others

hasn't Nik Turner done every festival since 1971 - including the years there weren't festivals? I thought he had.

46 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

An old efestivals thread suggests him, Bodger & Badger, Nik Turner, Steve Hillage and others

I think Billy did miss one or maybe two festivals about 10 years back, while there was a dispute going on over the rights to the Leftfield and the stage had to take a break.

59 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Same out of 48 sets I think I have seen one in the Glade ?

It's because they play multiple times, so you assume you'll catch one, and then end up missing them all! I'm still gutted about missing that x Plump DJs one....the mud had got to us a bit by then and we didn't want to leave the area around Silver Hayes/our tent. But I heard them drop Shoot Me Down from where I was standing and had a little jig. This year!! Do you think that post suggests Arcadia again?

45 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Seen them every year they have played since 2004, they missed a year maybe 2014 or something i was so gutted that year

Nope, they played The Glade in 2014. I know, cuz that was my first Glastonbury and I was there. It was grand :) Maybe twas 2015?

48 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

If he only played one set a year he'd still be shy of 48 though - does he play multiple times? I've never actually got round to seeing him either...

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Nope, they played The Glade in 2014. I know, cuz that was my first Glastonbury and I was there. It was grand :) Maybe twas 2015?

maybe , all the years blend in to one, I just remember being sat there scouring the guide and being gutted, granted that only lasted 2 minutes 

6 hours ago, Sasperella said:

It's because they play multiple times, so you assume you'll catch one, and then end up missing them all! I'm still gutted about missing that x Plump DJs one....the mud had got to us a bit by then and we didn't want to leave the area around Silver Hayes/our tent. But I heard them drop Shoot Me Down from where I was standing and had a little jig. This year!! Do you think that post suggests Arcadia again?

If he only played one set a year he'd still be shy of 48 though - does he play multiple times? I've never actually got round to seeing him either...

The last few years he’s done Bill’s Radical Round Up each day in the Left Field which is a type of in the round thing with other acts as well as his headline set. Also over the years he has shown up on the Pyramid, Avalon and Strummerville alongside his Left Field set. Billy must be coming up to 48 if not more sets by now

18 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

The last few years he’s done Bill’s Radical Round Up each day in the Left Field which is a type of in the round thing with other acts as well as his headline set. Also over the years he has shown up on the Pyramid, Avalon and Strummerville alongside his Left Field set. Billy must be coming up to 48 if not more sets by now

I saw him in Toad Hall in 2015... I think it was the Thursday.

On 5/2/2019 at 3:19 PM, eFestivals said:

hasn't Nik Turner done every festival since 1971 - including the years there weren't festivals? I thought he had.

I’ve asked Mik Artistik how many shows he’s done at Glastonbury, it’s 27 in 2007, 20 in 2008, and approx. 15 in every year since, so a total of 152.

Can anyone beat that!?

back to the Neil Young thing, even though the Promise of The Real guys had that Shepherds Bush date lined up on Thursday for a while now, part of me thought they might need a day to meet up with Neil Young to prep for the start of that tour with him (or maybe i'm reading too much into that, it's not necessary) at a festival location in Denmark (rather than a venue that's closed off for a private soundcheck) on Sat/J.29th (their last gigs with him are a month prior - May 20-25) but obviously they're not and are going right into it on Saturday w/ him, unless...you know... 

...it will be interesting to see who plays at the Shepherds Bush gig. At the least I bet Promise of the Real are backing up Bradley Cooper for what surely is a Friday Park set now (and gaga too?) if it's happening like he hinted it was. 

Shakey for a 4 song 'rehearsal' halfway through the Promise of the Real set wouldn't make up for previous Macca hopes, but it would be highlight of the weekend for me. It will be interesting to see what stage Promise of the Real are billed on 

Southampton based artist March, previously known as Kitty O'Neil said that she was playing in the Glade area. If you like Laura Marling then she should be your bag.

Can't see her on any of the Glade posters so not sure where she's playing exactly.

30 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

Southampton based artist March, previously known as Kitty O'Neil said that she was playing in the Glade area. If you like Laura Marling then she should be your bag.

Can't see her on any of the Glade posters so not sure where she's playing exactly.

The thing listed as Spike Sessions are little live sets in Spike early afternoon, could that be a possibility for her?