Self-Confirmed 2019

mcshed

22 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Screenshot_20190517-150445_Chrome.thumb.jpg.173c2394294c57b180985d7b23dc1c2e.jpg

nice bloke, played a load of shows with him in the last few years... must have a chat with him and see if he can get my band a slot next year, closest we've got this year is a potential slot at a certain glamping site outside the fence which has a lot of potential to be soul-destroying, haha

Edited by actionstations

Yak at WG in 2016 was hard work, ended up pitting in the mud. Ran up to see Ezra Furman at the park straight after and nearly died. I'll see them if I can this year but it'll be my 8th time or something so they're not really high priority at this point. I'd recommend them whole-heartedly to anyone though.

18 hours ago, Divein said:

Cant remember if this has been mentioned but Self Esteem are playing twice. Saturday on BBC Introducing, then once on Sunday. You would say either Williams Green or early JP. 

Awoo, nobody has any excuse for missing her then.

BBC Introducing is a weird spot tho.

19 hours ago, Divein said:

Cant remember if this has been mentioned but Self Esteem are playing twice. Saturday on BBC Introducing, then once on Sunday. You would say either Williams Green or early JP. 

She said she's playing x4 on 6 the other week - she was on Roundtable.

Edited by Homer

21 hours ago, priest17 said:

Yak at WG in 2016 was hard work, ended up pitting in the mud. Ran up to see Ezra Furman at the park straight after and nearly died. I'll see them if I can this year but it'll be my 8th time or something so they're not really high priority at this point. I'd recommend them whole-heartedly to anyone though.

Oooh these guys sound great! Hopefully on a reasonably early JP set? On and finished just in time for me to run to The Park and see IDLES would be pretty ace

Edited by Sasperella

34 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oooh these guys sound great! Hopefully on a reasonably early JP set? On and finished just in time for me to run to The Park and see IDLES would be pretty ace

I reckon if they play JP they'd probably open it. If they played park I'd re-prioritise, theres summit about seeing a band I love at that place that I cant get enough of.

I reckon they'll probably just do WG again though to be honest.

1 hour ago, Steveyett said:

Son of Dave

1CEEDFD5-E93E-4314-8C78-068C9AE24CD3.jpeg

Big fan of this guy. Super talented, bags of character and I think he often does a jokey bit of crowd interaction where he gives away stuff from rider. Perfect alternative option to big DJs if you're cruising the naughty corner for novelty.

• Upvote 1

On 5/18/2019 at 11:58 AM, Divein said:

She just has 2 dates on her tour dates poster, maybe crows nest is one.

Crows Nest would be a good fit for Self Esteem if she's doing multiple slots. Would bank on Crows Nest or Rabbit Hole/Worm Hole for at least one of those 4.

Might badger her on Instagram messenger as she replied to me about a few of her gigs.

23 hours ago, Olshansky said:

I have good authority that Georgia (UK) will be playing on the Park stage - if you haven't hear her new single "About work the Dance Floor" - check it out! 

Lo and behold - https://www.bandsintown.com/e/101198203-georgia_hb-at-glastonbury-festival

Strange as she played the same stage last time out and probably won't be that much higher. Would be a very different set I imagine, as her new stuff is quite different. The song you mentioned should be listened to by all those bruised by a lack of Robyn on the lineup. Here's a vid for the lazies.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1