The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

You’ve not been here long, have you?

@The Nal annually fulfils a sort of...erm...role on here. It’s kind of like officially authorised trolling...!

Enjoy his posts in this thread. Take none of them seriously. He’s a smashing chap. 

:)

Ben

I love it all. I’d only get seriously worried if he gave us a positive forecast. 

5 minutes ago, briddj said:

GFS 06Z continued.

Little bit of rain showing for Thursday and Saturday of this week.

Thurs and Friday 16-17, Saturday 18-19, Sunday 19-20. Higher pressure building in but with the low pressure set to hit on Monday....

giphy.gif

GFS continued.

The higher pressure contiues to stick around on Monday and Tuesday, keeping the low out to the south west at sea.

The heavy rain is still tracking towards the south-west corner of the country overnight into Monday (16-17 degrees), but could miss into Wales... or hit more directly. However, Tuesday is now completely dry with temperatures of around 21 that would dry out the site brilliantly.

image.png.e11840939f14da5829b3735675f883b4.png

Edited by briddj
  • Upvote 1

Just now, briddj said:

GFS continued.

The higher pressure contiues to stick around on Monday and Tuesday

The heavy rain is still tracking towards the south-west corner of the country overnight into Monday (16-17 degrees), but could miss into Wales... or hit more directly. However, Tuesday is now completely dry with temperatures of around 21 that would dry out the site brilliantly.

So sounds similar to the last week or so where a lot of the rain has hit more northern somerset and wales.  Keep it coming. 

FWIW from my experience of working outside, and therefore often checking the weather, I find the BBC Weather App is pretty crap. I'm sure someone told me they changed their weather model a few year back and now they're pretty unreliable. I've known them to be wrong even the day before plenty of times. 

No idea about the other ones though! 

1 minute ago, kemosabe said:

FWIW from my experience of working outside, and therefore often checking the weather, I find the BBC Weather App is pretty crap. I'm sure someone told me they changed their weather model a few year back and now they're pretty unreliable. I've known them to be wrong even the day before plenty of times. 

No idea about the other ones though! 

BBC App is indeed a complete sack of shite.  Its when they moved away from the met office. I think they've not fully split but the app is done by other company and it shows. 

24 minutes ago, tumbles said:

It didn't cut up in 2011 when we'd had a fuck ton more rain on days before hand. Infact it didn't really even churn up on the weds when it pissed it down at 10am - it wasn't till the friday that it got muddy iirc. 

We arrived on the Thursday morning and the site was fucked, but drying out.

1 minute ago, tumbles said:

BBC App is indeed a complete sack of shite.  Its when they moved away from the met office. I think they've not fully split but the app is done by other company and it shows. 

BBC is now done by the same Company that does Weather Pro

GFS 06Z continued.

Now into the first two days of the festival when everyone is arriving and setting up.

Wednesday & Thursday: High pressure still in control on the UK, temperatures staying around 21 degrees and there is zero rain on the chart. However, dangerous looking band of rain approaching overnight into Friday....

weds.PNG

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

We arrived on the Thursday morning and the site was fucked, but drying out.

hmm I may have had too much cider to remember properly then.  The main thing I recall is it was fine when we got to the gate. If its dry overnight/weds morning we should be ok. 

4 minutes ago, briddj said:

GFS 06Z continued.

Now into the first two days of the festival when everyone is arriving and setting up.

Wednesday & Thursday: High pressure still in control on the UK, temperatures staying around 21 degrees and there is zero rain on the chart. However, dangerous looking band of rain approaching overnight into Friday....

weds.PNG

I think there is enough time for that to change this week. The forecast for this weekend and monday is starting to look more set though in regards to the trend at least 

GFS 06Z continued.

Friday: Not good this part of the run. Chart attached shows part of the rain, and the run basically shows a shitshow of rain from midnight and all day Friday until the evening. Remember, it's far, far too far out for any certainly of this. More worrying is that low out to the south west of the UK looks to be fighting back. Temps in mid afternoon still of 20 degrees

friovernight.PNG

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Then it thrashed it down on the Friday night ?

It felt biblical.  I was working on the bars that year and watched DJ shadow on my break.  Had to sprint from the bar to the JP tent in that shitstorm.  

It all dried up by sunday.  Even the saturday wasn't that bad at all