The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

6 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Trying to remember when it rained at 2015.

i seem to recall it raining during Motörhead on the Friday and possibly the Sunday morning too but not sure when else ?

The weather gods can be cruel - deciding to absolutely hammer it down when the biggest collection of men in double/triple denim with long hair were collectively at their most exposed.

• Upvote 3

I can take mud underfoot and no rain (2005), or solid ground and the occasional downpour (take your pic) - I just can’t be having a mudbath while also being rained on constantly (only happened once in the last 12 years TBF remember).

the BBC forecast is almost perfect. Last shower on Tuesday then 20/21 every day with white cloud.

Edited by Homer

28 minutes ago, Homer said:

I can take mud underfoot and no rain (2005), or solid ground and the occasional downpour (take your pic) - I just can’t be having a mudbath while also being rained on constantly (only happened once in the last 12 years TBF remember).

the BBC forecast is almost perfect. Last shower on Tuesday then 20/21 every day with white cloud.

Solid ground and occasional shower is fine.

Fuck the mud. 

(Although it’s going to be sunny). 

Edited by nikkic

2015 was more than fine, I’d take that again. There was a pretty bad downpour on the Friday, I remember sheltering in the John Peel (can’t remember who was on) and keeping an eye on accuweather which pretty much to the second predicted when the rain would stop. I remember it dried out so quickly we went back to change into trainers later on.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 hour ago, briddj said:

This morning's 00Z....

Still showing some rain on Monday and Tuesday but nowhere near as much - good news. It's then completely dry until the Sunday, which has a bit of rain around.

The high pressure now ridges in on this Sunday evening, pushing that wet low out of the way. But now the high pressure is sinking out overnight on Friday of the festival, so a bit of a reverse to what we had as a low comes in with that rain.

Temps still showing as very poor on the Monday and Tuesday (13-14). But Wednesday we're up to 19 with 21-22 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday - so a great start to the festival temp wise. Drop off to 17-18 on the Sunday with that low taking over.

So, in summary, more good news in the early build of pressure and less rain before the festival. We just need to the high to hold for one more day.

Wednesday. 19 and dry will do me all through.

3 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

Irritunny?

Indeed.

I have visions of you in the middle of major disaster zones...."Guys, we're going to be alright" while all around you are yeliing "Don't listen to sprocket...RUUNN, or we're all going to die.."

2 minutes ago, Wallace said:

I've just spent a fair whack of money on new walking boots, is it really looking like I might not need them now??

Pretty sure you will need them. Lots of rain right before it starts. I think the hope is that it will mostly dry up. 

12 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Indeed.

I have visions of you in the middle of major disaster zones...."Guys, we're going to be alright" while all around you are yeliing "Don't listen to sprocket...RUUNN, or we're all going to die.."

giphy-21.gif

Ugh. Monday and Tuesday are looking like drizzly bimbling for us early birds. But the rest of the week is looking alright. 

(and on the plus side, we won't have loads of folk collapsing with heatstroke on the Wednesday this year. 2017 Wednesday was the hottest hot ever)

32 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Indeed.

I'm checking the charts and making an educated prediction. I just cant be arsed writing long diatribes about pressure and precipitation. So was trying to sum it up succinctly. 

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

2015 was more than fine, I’d take that again. There was a pretty bad downpour on the Friday, I remember sheltering in the John Peel (can’t remember who was on) and keeping an eye on accuweather which pretty much to the second predicted when the rain would stop. I remember it dried out so quickly we went back to change into trainers later on.

It was Circa Waves, I was there!  It really did bucket down at that point.