Questions for Michael

Crazyfool01

19 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

Seconded.

Or has he ever tried to suck his own... maybe not.

Welly? Guess he's not as flexible nowadays. 

(Read it again before you judge me!)

Edited by semmtexx

Ask him why they aren’t agreeing to give Camplight any space within the festival site to set up their pre pitched camping. They have had an area on pennards on previous years. 

They have been told they can set up just off site, but they promote a leave no trace message, which is in line with that of the festival, but it only works if they are situated on site. 

Car drivers are allowed in car park early and coach passengers get an early ticket sale option. Any chance of some love for the genuine environmentalists on the train? A few times we got some cup of tea vouchers and t-shirt discount as green travellers, now nothing. Is it part of a plan to eventually do away with the Castle Cary shuttle buses?

11 hours ago, YetAnotherOldHippy said:

Car drivers are allowed in car park early and coach passengers get an early ticket sale option. Any chance of some love for the genuine environmentalists on the train? A few times we got some cup of tea vouchers and t-shirt discount as green travellers, now nothing. Is it part of a plan to eventually do away with the Castle Cary shuttle buses?

Really good point YAOHippy. Train is at least as green as coach travel surely, so why not an early sale linked to train tickets, like the coach sale?

On the coaches the tickets are given out en route to stop people just using the coach option as another way to try for tickets, without any intention of using it. So similarly, they could give you your entrance ticket when you get off the train at Castle Cary, there's usually plenty of time while standing in those monster snaking queues waiting to get on a bus to the farm. It could work.

Be great if you could bring that up @crazyfool1

Edited by billum

6 minutes ago, billum said:

Really good point YAOHippy. Train is at least as green as coach travel surely, so why not an early sale linked to train tickets, like the coach sale?

On the coaches the tickets are given out en route to stop people just using the coach option as another way to try for tickets, without any intention of using it. So similarly, they could give you your entrance ticket when you get off the train at Castle Cary, there's usually plenty of time while standing in those monster snaking queues waiting to get on a bus to the farm. It could work.

Be great if you could bring that up @crazyfool1

I guess a bus driver is given 50 or so tickets allocated to those coming on that bus ... might be slightly more difficult with the 100,s /1000s arriving by train ? not sure quite how these could be given out without another queue ? but yes I will try and ask about rewards for the green train travellers ... 

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I guess a bus driver is given 50 or so tickets allocated to those coming on that bus ... might be slightly more difficult with the 100,s /1000s arriving by train ? not sure quite how these could be given out without another queue ? but yes I will try and ask about rewards for the green train travellers ... 

Yeah true, it's a lot more people, but there is a ready-made queue at Castle Cary waiting for the buses to the site, so might be poss

No worries if there's not time, but be very interesting to hear if they've thought of this or ruled it out for some reason. Cheers crazy!

So basically Werchter have moved their festival forward a week to book these. I think they're booked their for Sunday this year and from past history of play 6 times and 3 in 12 years they sell the tickets, this would be 4 in 19 years. Monkeys played this year, Macca only played in 16 and as said it didn't sell out...it was Thursday but he's huge enough to sell it...I've known others that have. I also personally didn't see it being the most solid year, their dip maybe if you like. Kendrick, it would be two summers after release of Damn and I don't think either Werchter or Glasto will go for that...Glasto would certainly want it when it's new and fresh and he did Puckelpop this year on a 2nd year. Also Stormzy isn't going to headline after never playing Werchter anyway. 

I think Florence would get booked again for both already but I'm unsure a fest would move for her.... does she sell well though?

• Like 1