'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

5 hours ago, karlpowell said:

Don't tell the Mrs , but im going to Kyle just for a perv  :)

At least whilst you're harassing Kyle you'll be leaving Kylie alone to get on with her act. You'd be easy to spot on a hot day with ya long mac on. :ph34r:

Edited by mashedonmud
  • Like 1

Personally I don't think of Kylie is an old woman but still an amazing woman who should be headlining a festival no playing the ooo this could be the most important end to my career slot... 

Christ tbh if this is the way we are going I'd rather of had the rolling stones do the legend slot a few years back.. 

The glastonbury madness has spread from the crowds to the management 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Personally I don't think of Kylie is an old woman but still an amazing woman who should be headlining a festival no playing the ooo this could be the most important end to my career slot... 

Christ tbh if this is the way we are going I'd rather of had the rolling stones do the legend slot a few years back.. 

The glastonbury madness has spread from the crowds to the management 

Eh?

I've got to put one thing straight here on performers vs musicians. A singer *is* a musician, end of. They make music, using their voice. Therefore Kylie, and Dolly, and Lionel are all musicians. Kylie may or may not also play *another* instrument, but that's fairly immaterial - she co-writes a lot of her songs (which may to some extent be a vanity credit, I'll concede, obviously a lot of that goes on, but she may well contribute something way beyond just performance of the song to enhance its creation)

And frankly, where would all the other musicians on a Kylie track be without her vocal performance on it? (Stock Aitken Waterman would still be massively famous and wealthy from their other artists, but IIRC their song without a separate singer didn't do so well either...)

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

An iconic 32-year career with 51 UK top 40s, 34 UK top 10s and 7 UK number 1s making her the 12th best-selling singles artist and the 3rd best-selling female artist in UK history. I'd say that's legendary status, right there. Age is irrelevant. 

Spot on.

I think people get too hung up on the wording, for me the Sunday afternoon slot is one for a well known (usually poppy) artist to come along and play a few tunes that everyone knows and remembers from their youth  and can have a bit of fun and a dance to. Nothing bigger or more serious than that.

19 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

An iconic 32-year career with 51 UK top 40s, 34 UK top 10s and 7 UK number 1s making her the 12th best-selling singles artist and the 3rd best-selling female artist in UK history. I'd say that's legendary status, right there. Age is irrelevant. 

^^ this!

I think those stats make her more than qualified for the legend slot!

She's going to nail it.

I do wonder if she'll get the crowd of some other legends. There isnt the novelty factor of other.

I dont mean they were novelty acts. I mean Kylie will have been seen before by a lot of the crowd & isnt a hetitage act in the same way Dolly for example is.

Ill be there & Im sure 60 thousand others will be too. Dolly got many more. I didnt watch Lionel, I was mooching about, but I think he did too from memory of seeing it on iplayer.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop