'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Bloke on Twitter suggesting it should be Lulu (didn't she do the Avalon novelty act slot a few years back?), loads of "glad I didn't get a ticket" tweets but lots of positive ones too. 

Nobody would get 100% approval. My number 1 choice would have been Diana Ross then Cher... Kylie would be pretty high up.the remaining list.

One of our group is very happy. She is a huge fan - all of us will be there.

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Bloke on Twitter suggesting it should be Lulu (didn't she do the Avalon novelty act slot a few years back?), loads of "glad I didn't get a ticket" tweets but lots of positive ones too. 

Always find it astounding the number of people that say “Glad I never got a ticket” based off two acts being announced. 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

A performer .... Glastonbury Festival of contemporary performing arts ?

I think @Lemon T-wig was just (correctly) answering the question as to why they're different.  Kylie is a cracking performer who has made many good choices in her career, and I expect to be there, but she's not really a musician. So that's the difference and it's ok to care about that - just as it's ok to enjoy and value what a talented entertainer like Kylie does.

I've not problem with Kylie playing BTW, in case that wasn't clear.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 3:23 PM, henry bear said:

From his autobiography:

"I know the wheels are falling off from early on in the set. I can’t hear Robert clearly from where I’m sat, but I can hear enough to know that he’s not on top of his game. Ditto Jimmy. I don’t remember playing Rock And Roll, but obviously I did. But I do remember an awful lot of time where I can hear what Robert decries as ‘knitting’: fancy drumming. And if you can find the footage (the Zeppelin camp have done their best to scrub it from the history books), you can see me miming, playing the air, getting out of the way lest there be a trainwreck. If I’d known it was to be a two-drummer band, I would have removed myself from proceedings long before I got anywhere near Philadelphia.

Onstage I don’t take my eyes off Tony Thompson. I’m glued to him. I’m having to follow – he’s taking the heavy-handed lead and has opted to ignore all my advice. Putting myself in his shoes, he’s probably thinking, “This is the beginning of a new career. John Bonham isn’t around any more. They’re gonna want someone. This could be the start of a Led Zeppelin reunion. And I don’t need this English fuck in my way.”

I’m not judging him, god rest his soul. Thompson was a fantastic drummer. but it was very uncomfortable, and if I could have left that stage, I would have left, halfway through Stairway... if not earlier. But imagine the coverage of that? Walking off during The Second Coming? Who the fuck does Collins think he is? Geldof really would have had something to swear about.

After what seems like an eternity, we finish. I’m thinking, ‘My god, that was awful. The sooner this is over, the better.”

In a shutting stable door after the horse has bolted style, Led Zeppelin won’t let the performance be included on the official Live Aid DVD. Because, of course, they were ashamed of it. And I find that I am usually the one blamed for it. It couldn’t possibly be the holy Led Zep who were at fault. It was that geezer who came over on Concorde who wasn’t rehearsed. He was the culprit. That show-off."

To be fair to Page/Plant, they've always admitted they were under-rehearsed for this, and the later Atlantic Records celebration. Plant also went on to use Collins on his first solo albums, so don't know what happened there.

getting this thread back on topic...

Collins' work and sometimes-touring with Plant was prior to Live Aid, and I'm not sure if they ever worked together after, so maybe that does say something. 

all right, back to the Kylie news....