Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

How is Villa Park as a gig venue? Never seen anything there before.

Saw Take That there about a decade ago. No complaints. Decent amount of space around, and we were in the middle.

20 minutes ago, gfa said:

https://email.americanexpress.com/a/hBi0T4nAQB6DpB96w2fNyz8Iobf/amex5

if anyone missed amex earlier for bruce, more tickets now live

2 tickets in my basket. Can't commit, but if I don't get these villa tickets I'm gonna rue not completing the purchase when I had the chance.

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I assume you need to pay with an American Express card for this pre sale...?

Yep, I just gave it a try and got to the payment however it wont accept my card as it's not American Express.

It's pain in the arse as I has Amex at one point but got rid of it when I changed banks.

6 minutes ago, jump said:

If you go with Festix rather than AXS use the code PERKBOX5 to save 5% off the ticker price.

is there a link for that? i'm not buying but might help someone - i got emailed this link

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

is there a link for that? i'm not buying but might help someone - i got emailed this link

I just followed the link you gave and chose the middle option and noticed it was Festicket and then remembered I've got that code for them. 

https://www.festicket.com/eventgenius/bsthydepark-bruce-amexpresale/shop/36685/

Edited by jump

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

never been a fan at all but I do like Acid Eyes, which surprised me! Not as much as 5 nights at an arena surprises me though

He just headlined a 50k festival in the same city too. I love him but that’s mental popularity for a guy who’s released two albums in 13 years. 

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Has anyone been to the Prodigy tour yet? I am there tonight in Leeds. Gunna be strange without Keith

Yeah, was good fun. The classics are classics so will always go off, and there's a huge light show which brings energy. It's not the same without Keith and never will be, but Maxim does a very good job.

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah, was good fun. The classics are classics so will always go off, and there's a huge light show which brings energy. It's not the same without Keith and never will be, but Maxim does a very good job.

It was different, but didn't feel like a tribute band. More so, a celebration of the band, all classics, no new songs. It's definitely different but I thought it was better than the last few times seeing them, but the tiny venue may have swung it! 

Take ear protection...... It was loud! 

On 7/15/2022 at 11:01 AM, parsonjack said:

Parking locally is terrible. Better to park in Birmingham city centre and get train out from New St to Witton. Every 20 mins or so...10 minute journey...return trains through to midnight-ish.

That sounds like the Villa Park experience I've had. Been to see a few football games there, and while I wasn't driving, I do recall finding any parking being a faff.

Last time I'd went was in 2013 but I assume it's not really improved since.

58 minutes ago, charlierc said:

That sounds like the Villa Park experience I've had. Been to see a few football games there, and while I wasn't driving, I do recall finding any parking being a faff.

Last time I'd went was in 2013 but I assume it's not really improved since.

No it hasn’t. The fact it’s not hosting a single event during the Commonwealth Games says it all!!

As with St Andrews, it’s a residential area so there isn’t a fat lot they can do to improve it. Ideally needs a superstadium that can accommodate both of them as well as gigs (although where you’d put that I’ve no idea).

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

24 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

No it hasn’t. The fact it’s not hosting a single event during the Commonwealth Games says it all!!

As with St Andrews, it’s a residential area so there isn’t a fat lot they can do to improve it. Ideally needs a superstadium that can accommodate both of them as well as gigs (although where you’d put that I’ve no idea).

I get the feeling if you proposed to fans of Birmingham City and Aston Villa that they should have a joint stadium that they'd unite against whomever proposed such a plan. Even if St Andrew's had capacity limitations last season that look likely to carry over into the new season as well.

Didn't realise Villa Park was completely exiled from Commonwealth Game stuff tbf. Unless Aston Villa flat out refused to let them have it.

It's probably already been said elsewhere but given Springsteen got booted off stage at Hyde Park for going a smidge over curfew, I'm really surprised his London shows for 2023 are going to be back there. Either the stadiums have all been booked, the new promoters convinced him it'll be fine or he's really hoping it'll have the magic of prior shows there.

Then again there may be bias from me, given I've tended to prefer stadium shows to Hyde Park or Finsbury Park. Even if the sound at London Stadium for Hella Mega Tour the other week was very inconsistent.

47 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Good to hear. Anything different to replace Keith or was Maxim dong more heavy lifting?

Maxim & the crowd. The crowd were that loud for Keith's bits, it didn't matter. The small venue helped. Must only hold about 1700 downstairs in that place. Great venue to see them.

Firestarter is changed up.

Keith's voice is there, but only once or twice. Turns into a live drum n bass version. I wouldn't have expected Maxim to do that.

• Upvote 1