Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Is there scope for second nights at Edinburgh or Brum? I think there’s going to be demand for it.

Only room for second nights if there's a three day minimum gap as no back to back shows over 2 nights any more.

43 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably won't be enough demand for a second Edinburgh show - don't think any of his Hampden shows have ever sold out and I think Murrayfield has a bigger capacity.

Didn't the Scottish date in 2016 sell out? Was under the impression the only UK show that didn't hit capacity was Manchester.

Which, when I think about, could be credibly why he's not gone back there. That and the fact ticket prices seem to have significantly jumped again - if the people of the north of England weren't going to stomach the £20 increase between Wrecking Ball and The River '16, what chance do they have now?

35 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

December 2007 at the O2 was our last time....we also got 'Racing In The Street' from a sign request, plus 'Santa' too obvs.

Super night.

Racing in the street would be good too - out of the three big piano ones that I like I've only seen Backstreets at Manchester in 2016. 

We got Santa from a sign request that day too. In late May 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Got through in the Amex presale.  Hyde Park here I come.

Fantastic.

We're looking for Birmingham....Villa Park '88 was our first. Villa Park '23 might be our last. It's my 60th birthday same day too.  Full circle.

Edited by parsonjack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Didn't the Scottish date in 2016 sell out? Was under the impression the only UK show that didn't hit capacity was Manchester.

Which, when I think about, could be credibly why he's not gone back there. That and the fact ticket prices seem to have significantly jumped again - if the people of the north of England weren't going to stomach the £20 increase between Wrecking Ball and The River '16, what chance do they have now?

I don't believe any of the last 3 Glasgow shows sold out. 

While I've really enjoyed them both (and it's my favourite city in the UK!) the last 2 Manchester shows have felt very subdued. Part of that was due to the appalling weather that even a British audience couldn't shrug off! I hope to see him again in Manchester, but I'm kind of glad it's being skipped this time round.

Got the No Nukes Springsteen blu ray for chrimbo. Absolutely amazing, and a different feeling to the Apollo show from the same era.

edit: this was a reply to something, but I'm note sure what

Edited by Padjeq

15 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Haim last night in Glasgow. Amazing as usual. Just don't understand how three sisters can all be so talented! Didn't watch their Glastonbury set as didn't want to spoil it, so can get onto that now. 

Yeah - was a blast. They're such a fun band.  Good to see The Steps as an encore closer - recognition that its a Grade A banger.

29 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - was a blast. They're such a fun band.  Good to see The Steps as an encore closer - recognition that its a Grade A banger.

Totally, Now I'm In It opening and The Steps closing was just brilliant. Also, had no idea Este could sing like that when she was belting out 3AM 😃

32 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

How is Villa Park as a gig venue? Never seen anything there before.

Parking locally is terrible. Better to park in Birmingham city centre and get train out from New St to Witton. Every 20 mins or so...10 minute journey...return trains through to midnight-ish.