Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If it transpired to be their last set of shows then that NFT poster is gonna be worth well more than the package in time.

Its all well and good making them but they need to have a market and i just don’t think this does. Lots of musicians have been at it recently but nobody actually wants them unless they are stupid limited - the BRITs did it and there was like 250 ed sheeran ones and they didn’t even sell out for like £50 each

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its all well and good making them but they need to have a market and i just don’t think this does. Lots of musicians have been at it recently but nobody actually wants them unless they are stupid limited - the BRITs did it and there was like 250 ed sheeran ones and they didn’t even sell out for like £50 each

It’s the same as any memorabilia. Has to have some kind of meaning or significance.

A forgettable Kings of Leon album being sold as an NFT isn’t gonna be significant at all down the road. But if it was an investment like the first ever *insert artist you think will be massive* debut album NFT limited to 100 then it’s gonna go up in value.

I can see that being the case too with a limited Roxy Music NFT vs. a shitty ‘Ed Sheeran is still around and playing the Brit Awards which is also somehow still around’ token. Their fans probably won’t know what it is but it’s cool that the band are experimenting with it.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

It’s the same as any memorabilia. Has to have some kind of meaning or significance.

A forgettable Kings of Leon album being sold as an NFT isn’t gonna be significant at all down the road. But if it was an investment like the first ever *insert artist you think will be massive* album NFT limited to 100 then it’s gonna go up in value.

I can see that being the case too with a limited Roxy Music NFT vs. a shitty ‘Ed Sheeran is still around and playing the Brit Awards which is also somehow still around’ token. Their fans probably won’t know what it is but it’s cool that the band are experimenting with it.

I guess the only way to get somewhere is by giving it a go and theres no harm in doing it really (well except they are complete shit for the environment and a money grab, but when your selling £600 tickets who gives a shit eh)

Edited by gfa

7 hours ago, gfa said:

I guess the only way to get somewhere is by giving it a go and theres no harm in doing it really (well except they are complete shit for the environment and a money grab, but when your selling £600 tickets who gives a shit eh)

World tours are bad for the environment yet here we all are.

4 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Why does America often seem to get much bigger support acts? Take Florence + the Machine for example; in America her supports are Arlo Parks, Sam Fender, Wet Leg, King Princess, Japanese Breakfast and Yves Tumor. UK gets.. Willie J Healey and Aziya???

Is it all relative? I don’t know but maybe Sam Fender hasn’t quite broke through in the States yet? Either that or there’s more money thrown into tours over the pond - hence more expensive (or “dynamic”) ticket pricing?

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Why does America often seem to get much bigger support acts? Take Florence + the Machine for example; in America her supports are Arlo Parks, Sam Fender, Wet Leg, King Princess, Japanese Breakfast and Yves Tumor. UK gets.. Willie J Healey and Aziya???

Cause Florence knows that she doesnt need the support acts in her backyard but will in  North America. Also having a good booking agent makes a big difference. Those support acts get to mix those dates in with their own shows and its lower risk higher reward cause they get to reach a bigger audience and not have to try and sell tickets themselves. Lots of smaller acts have balked at doing their own tours and instead have opted for this kind of stuff so they lower their risks cause of covid.

27 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Is it all relative? I don’t know but maybe Sam Fender hasn’t quite broke through in the States yet? Either that or there’s more money thrown into tours over the pond - hence more expensive (or “dynamic”) ticket pricing?

Sam Fender has done one club tour in the u.s. and that was in 2019. Cant break out if you dont come through and its been 3 years now so nobody really cares. Dynamic pricing and all that isnt about more money being thrown into tours, its just that Live Nation wants to just make more profit and its been working so far. They have to appease their shareholders if you never thought of that. And considering you can tour over in north america for 2 months if you chose to do so, yeah theres a lot more to invest over here than in the uk since you can only play a dozen cities in total there  compared to  about 40 over here.

6 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Because some acts are bigger here than they are in America.

Not difficult really.

• Like 1

Big fat strike out here, ah well, will try again tomorrow. To be honest this gig would be more of a "nice to have" than something I'm absolutely desperate to see.

As an aside I fucking hate Ticketmaster, at least with See you can take little measure to give yourself a slight advantage. The TM system is a pain the the fucking arse.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Big fat strike out here, ah well, will try again tomorrow. To be honest this gig would be more of a "nice to have" than something I'm absolutely desperate to see.

As an aside I fucking hate Ticketmaster, at least with See you can take little measure to give yourself a slight advantage. The TM system is a pain the the fucking arse.

Agreed, for all people complain about the Glastonbury ticket sale, I’ll take smashing F5 and hoping for the best over dealing with Ticketmaster’s antics.

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

NBA Leather, Action Bronson, The Alchemist & Earl Sweatshirt will hit the road together in May/June 2022,

Dublin The Academy, 24 May
Manchester Academy, 30
London O2 Academy Brixton, 31
Birmingham O2 Academy, 01 June

Added to Primavera also I think for those attending.

19 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Agreed, for all people complain about the Glastonbury ticket sale, I’ll take smashing F5 and hoping for the best over dealing with Ticketmaster’s antics.

Imagine buying the Glastonbury tickets through Ticketmaster. Having to click on the squares with the traffic lights in every time you refresh.