Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

28 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Now that gigs are actually starting to happen and that i've got a credit card, I've started buying more tickets. I'm fairly knowledgable with the mainstream,  but can y'all recommend some lesser known acts, like up-and-coming bands?

Yes, I've already heard of Black Midi, New Squid and all that

When are you moving? The Mysterines are on tour in October, and there's some good bands on the Sound City line up if you're about still.

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

When are you moving? The Mysterines are on tour in October, and there's some good bands on the Sound City line up if you're about still.

This week, aaaaaaaaah. I had actually bought tickets for The Mysterines gig when it first went on sale, but it's been moved a few times now. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like they are doing any gigs down south

16 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Ah, I'm mainly looking for stuff in and around Bristol. I prefer not to travel far for gigs unless it's someone particularly special

Gotcha.

So only two of the bands I've got tix for seem to be playing Brizzle on current tours, both at Thekla in October. Red Rum Club and Slow Readers Club.

I'd love to see Fightmilk but they aren't coming this way, but they're in Bristol in October as well.

Everyone else seems to be avoiding the place! 😄

Oh, and good luck with the move 👍

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Ah, I'm mainly looking for stuff in and around Bristol. I prefer not to travel far for gigs unless it's someone particularly special

Depending on what you’re into - Courting sound like Sports Team, Talk Show and NewDad are also a decent small indie bands, Gender Roles are punk rock or garage rock, Phoxjaw are a rock band, Salam are a rock band with the same singer as Creeper, TV Priest sound like Idles. All those playing Exchange, Rough Trade or Louisiana. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2021 at 7:09 AM, foolee said:

On Yungblud’s most recent Instagram story he mentions that he’s announcing a show this summer that’s in Stadium tomorrow. Any ideas? Could this be something that’s already announced or is it possible that Foo Fighters have arranged a stadium show at short notice instead of the Glasto date that was rumoured? 

Actually this too. Its coming home, with Yungblud

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/bbc-one-team-gb-homecoming-concert-1235032544/

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

London-based friends. I caught Vlure at Latitude and was very impressed. They just posted this. I believe they're playing on the Thursday but the whole event is free. Worth going along just for them 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSHCtYYjdqo/?utm_medium=share_sheet

I saw Vlure at the brixton windmill  a couple of months ago and they are superb. Modern Woman on the line up also worth catching

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Briefly got very excited on seeing a Tweet dating “PSB”’s Passport gig… then realised it was the wrong PSB.

Haha see I always read PSB as this PSB and get disappointed when it actually turns out to be PSB. 

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

London-based friends. I caught Vlure at Latitude and was very impressed. They just posted this. I believe they're playing on the Thursday but the whole event is free. Worth going along just for them 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSHCtYYjdqo/?utm_medium=share_sheet

Been to the So Young Festival and it's great fun, normally get some really good secret headliners in as well. Could see one of them being Dry Cleaning or maybe Sorry but think they were one of them a few years ago. Hugely recommend if you can go still, Folly Group have been one of my favorite new bands recently.

Baxter Dury announced a few shows; Bristol Marble Factory 2nd November, London o2 Kentish Town Forum 3rd November and Manchester Ritz 4th November

12 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Been to the So Young Festival and it's great fun, normally get some really good secret headliners in as well. Could see one of them being Dry Cleaning or maybe Sorry but think they were one of them a few years ago. Hugely recommend if you can go still, Folly Group have been one of my favorite new bands recently.

Baxter Dury announced a few shows; Bristol Marble Factory 2nd November, London o2 Kentish Town Forum 3rd November and Manchester Ritz 4th November

Cheers for the heads up on Baxter Dury!

31 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

I'm intending to go to at least a couple of the So Young nights. My inkling would be that PVA would be the headliners on the Folly Group night. Sorry are already playing the VICE IRL event at Fabric on the Thursday, FWIW.

Ha, I literally checked yesterday for any Baxter Dury dates! Cheers for posting.

1 hour ago, JHad said:

I'm intending to go to at least a couple of the So Young nights. My inkling would be that PVA would be the headliners on the Folly Group night. Sorry are already playing the VICE IRL event at Fabric on the Thursday, FWIW.

Ha, I literally checked yesterday for any Baxter Dury dates! Cheers for posting.

Have you got anymore info about the lineup? I can't find anything

4 minutes ago, JHad said:

Nah, they've been really secretive about it!

I've got a ticket, but not sure about going at this point. Definitely keener on VLURE at Old Blue Last, so might do both depending on timings.

I have noticed on Dice that if you search for Pa Salieu, it says he's playing it. But there's no mention of him playing it anywhere else