Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Seems like a Massive Attack 'Mezzanine XX1' tour is incoming, as they've announced (or had leaked?) German dates.

Maybe some shows in the UK around that time, or a show at a certain festival that's just about to announce? [NOT GLASTONBURY]

I've heard a rumour, which I strongly believe to be true, that they're playing Ashton Gate in Bristol next June, so that would put them strongly in the frame for a Glasto appearance.

8 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I've heard a rumour, which I strongly believe to be true, that they're playing Ashton Gate in Bristol next June, so that would put them strongly in the frame for a Glasto appearance.

Oh really? Seems like a pretty weird venue for Massive Attack to do, but also kinda cool that they're doing it.

I think a Glastonbury return would be rather pointless unless they're cooking up new material - guessing they're not from there being a Mezzanine tour.

Despite Mezzanine being one of my all time favourite albums, I do think Massive Attack lean too heavily on it live, I'd rather hear new music from them. But I'm a mug so I'm going to spend money I don't really have for the promise of hearing Group Four played live.

18 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Oh really? Seems like a pretty weird venue for Massive Attack to do, but also kinda cool that they're doing it.

I think a Glastonbury return would be rather pointless unless they're cooking up new material - guessing they're not from there being a Mezzanine tour.

Massive Attack are Bristol City fans, and Ashton Gate has recently had a complete rebuild. It seems they want to get more gigs onboard and there are apparently 5 booked for June. Take That and Rod Stewart are already announced, Muse and Massive Attack are almost certainly another 2, and I'm not sure who the fifth are in all honesty.

EDIT: Just read the above, completely ignore me then! I knew they were playing Bristol but I put all the above together and assumed it would be AG. Never mind, back under my rock I go...

Edited by EamerRed

I saw John Grant at the Brighton Dome last night and am very ready for a Park headline set next year. Such a great performer, he went 20 minutes over curfew and brought a light show not too dissimilar to Superorganism's. If you're on the fence about seeing him this time around, I'd definitely recommend it

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What's the Steel Yard? Can't seem to find any info for it 

Filton Airfield. Never known a gig to be held there before, but it's where they now want to build the Bristol Arena. Ludicrous decision in my opinion, but probably a great site for a one-off gig.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Outdoor gig on 1st March is asking for trouble.

You’re probably right, I’m fairly sure it chucked it down for their gig on The Downs.

Just read on the Bristol post The Steelyard is a custom built venue on Filton Airfield apparently, that’s also the site for they’re trying to move Bristol Arena too