Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

I could have got Boss tickets but bailed out in the end. £135 to stand in the back half of a crowd is just too much. 

I feel better about it having been at Hyde Park this year and will chance my luck with cheaper options on twickets closer to the time. 

Dynamic pricing kicked in on presales for Cardiff and Wembley. 

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

I could have got Boss tickets but bailed out in the end. £135 to stand in the back half of a crowd is just too much. 

I feel better about it having been at Hyde Park this year and will chance my luck with cheaper options on twickets closer to the time. 

Dynamic, or as they're calling it, platinum pricing has kicked in on Cardiff and London already. 

Absolutely hate Ticketmaster. Had some decent seats 3 times, but because I've done "too many reserves" its not letting me buy them, giving me an error every time I get to the end of the transaction. 

In trying to be "anti bot" they've basically made it so that we need to panic buy whatever seats come up instead of looking for good ones. 

16 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

I was at a meet ping with the Sunderland COO  last week and he really bigger up concerts and says the club are doing everything to secure big acts in the future, even down to more hospitality options.

I heard a rumour about Madonna in Sunderland but could be rubbish 

I’m surprised Springsteen is there again. Saw him there in June 2012 and it chucked it down in the afternoon, followed by most/fog an hour before he came on. He signed off by saying ‘Good night Sunderland, it’s just how I imagined it’

There was a standard presale for SoL which was easy enough to source what was required.

How much were golden circle?

Felt distinctly uneasy pressing the button on those tickets this morning. Inflation busting raise from last year for both ticket and fees, cannot just blame the promoter.

As long as we keep stumping up they’ll keep hiking up.

44 minutes ago, Chef said:

I was hoping to get a Twicket for Hyde Park but there was nothing available right up to the last minute - I didn't go in the end.

Right now, i just can't justify the 175 to get in the front pitch so am going to hold out until the summer and see what happens. Hopefully a bit more availability, and fully expecting a second Wembley show to be announced.

48 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That happened to me yesterday. The sale basically broke for me.

Sorted now! Seems that there are loads left and you can pick your seat number now that the main rush is over, and that change seems to have reset whatever block was on my account. Aisle seat, row 1 in the upper tier, on a block just as it starts curving round at the back - £130 price point. I'd probably have done standing under other circumstances but as I'm taking my Dad a good seat is necessary. Also I reserved a hotel on Wembley Way just after the announcement before the prices went up so all in its not as bad as it could've been.    

Edited by efcfanwirral

10 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I was hoping to get a Twicket for Hyde Park but there was nothing available right up to the last minute - I didn't go in the end.

Right now, i just can't justify the 175 to get in the front pitch so am going to hold out until the summer and see what happens. Hopefully a bit more availability, and fully expecting a second Wembley show to be announced.

I got mine last minute but through the AXS official resale - they had quite a few going through there for face value or a bit less but yeah, I had been looking at twickets and nothing was going through it. 

17 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

I was at a meet ping with the Sunderland COO  last week and he really bigger up concerts and says the club are doing everything to secure big acts in the future, even down to more hospitality options.

I was thinking "at a what?", so took me a mo.

I work with a lot of network folks, so the word ping broadens into other uses - eg "ping us an email" 

Edited by clarkete

3 hours ago, eddie_corrigan said:

The signs could be hit and miss i find. i was at the Manchester gig in 2016 when he broke out "santa claus is coming to town" for the fella in the santa suit and as bat sh*t as it sounds 50,000 people singing it in the middle of May was ace.

I was there too, it was amazing and so glad I heard that cover.

13 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Sorted now! Seems that there are loads left and you can pick your seat number now that the main rush is over, and that change seems to have reset whatever block was on my account. Aisle seat, row 1 in the upper tier, on a block just as it starts curving round at the back - £130 price point. I'd probably have done standing under other circumstances but as I'm taking my Dad a good seat is necessary. Also I reserved a hotel on Wembley Way just after the announcement before the prices went up so all in its not as bad as it could've been.    

Done exactly the same with Cardiff. £45 Premier Inn so in my mind, it cancels out the £270 for 2 tickets 🤣

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’m surprised Springsteen is there again. Saw him there in June 2012 and it chucked it down in the afternoon, followed by most/fog an hour before he came on. He signed off by saying ‘Good night Sunderland, it’s just how I imagined it’

There was a rumour Anfield was meant to be in the mix but they only have a license for 3 gigs a year and Swift has nabbed hem all