Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The announcement here felt definitive in a way. I think the only show that would be added would either be Glastonbury and/or a second night at Wembley to wrap up the tour.

Maybe a second date in Barca as well. I do think most of those days off in June are designated for a Spanish beach rather than anything tour related.

5 hours ago, -TLR- said:

if they use the same venue set up as the last Cardiff gig, then they basically just used half the venue and had the rest curtained off.

it was actually really fantastic as even tho it was in a stadium if felt like a small show - was one of my best Bruce gigs ever.

That worked really well, should definitely be considered by more bands IMO. 

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Cardiff, Sunderland or Wembley.....tough choice for me.  Even though closest Cardiff is an utter nightmare travel wise, Sunderland is like the other end of the world, and although Wembley is do-able I've never rated the acoustics as being anything special.....

Wembley is horrible. But it looks like being the last night of the European tour (either the one announced or rumoured 2nd date).

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

None of the UK or Ireland dates being on a weekend f**king sucks.  Toying with Milano.

It's worth it. The Italian crowds are something else. 

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Highly unlikely imo.......Friday 28th would be a back to back with Netherlands (not happening), and either Sat 29th or Sunday 30th would both leave just 1 night between gigs in other countries which doesn't happen anywhere else on the schedule.

Milan only has 1 night off. Agree though, he's not coming to Glastonbury. If I get tickets I will hope I'm wrong. 

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Possible yes...perhaps that's where he might slot in the rumoured Manchester date.....

They were rumoured to be looking at using the new arena for tour rehearsals before all the plans changed. That would have been late April 2024. With the rescheduled dates I imagine that's gone out of the window. Could be a later addition maybe?

2 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

That worked really well, should definitely be considered by more bands IMO. 

Wembley is horrible. But it looks like being the last night of the European tour (either the one announced or rumoured 2nd date).

It's worth it. The Italian crowds are something else. 

Milan only has 1 night off. Agree though, he's not coming to Glastonbury. If I get tickets I will hope I'm wrong. 

They were rumoured to be looking at using the new arena for tour rehearsals before all the plans changed. That would have been late April 2024. With the rescheduled dates I imagine that's gone out of the window. Could be a later addition maybe?

Think theres a few additions to come. Rock in Rio Lisbon has 2 free dates 22/23 June so I'd imagine thats one, as well as a hevaily rumoured San Sebastian date on June 18

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I'm not 100% convinced - a GSH is there, sure, and Glastonbury to Werchter isn't a huge trek, but this seems like a much more spread out schedule and I'm not sure if he'll add it in.

Possible, but not entirely unreasonable to be doubtful.

There's also the 'big American star' phonecall.

It's reasonable to assume that that doesn't refer to P!nk or Wee Willie Winkie from Green Day.

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's reasonable to assume that that doesn't refer to P!nk or Wee Willie Winkie from Green Day.

Can you imagine the disappointment if we get the "working man's club" singer instead of Madonna and/or Gaga.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The "phone call" is an interesting wrinkle (as I'm sure Emily intended it to be) that could work either way.

It could be that once an act firmed up their schedule, they decided that they had a suitable opportunity to play Glastonbury despite not having originally factored it in - the Springsteen tour would fit that both in the tour scheduling and the timings involved. Even the fact that the spacing between dates wouldn't exactly match what they've done elsewhere fits the story if that's how it came about.

Alternatively it could be someone who's only just started the process of laying out a tour for next summer and was looking to see what options are available and when. A Madonna or Lady Gaga tour could potentially match that.

Don't think there's much scope for it to be anything in between those. Obviously if Glastonbury is being factored in from the start then it becomes something of an unmovable date in the schedule.

22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Well that's an open one. Madonna was what I thought that meant, though could be Gaga, could be Pink, could be Bruce. Any one of those 4 would draw a crowd in fairness.

I doubt it's Green Day because that would've been trailed as a "Big American band" rather than being an individual star.