Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Never underestimate the popularity of Court and the eeners in Manchester/the North

Yeah I love Manchester and everyone in it... but the North West's fascination with the Courteeners is a constant bafflement to me.

Edited by Hugh Jass II
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think they have a reduced capacity area. At least I think so. Can't imagine the Courteeners attracted an 80K crowd

ah right, fair enough. still would not have been shocked if courteeners did 80k i swear they have done a manchester stadium too

16 hours ago, charlierc said:

Maybe if he's still into them and still lives there, this can be a slightly less arduous task for a longer set at less of a price. And less of a postponement risk as they had to bail on the first of the 2 gigs in their leg due to the singer losing her voice.

I think the Joy Formidable needs another go at Glastonbury. Last time they had to rush set up/shorten their gig due to a certain band taking forever to set up and then play. So yes, this time let's not book them after Foster the People or equivalent, to name names.

2 minutes ago, 2loor2iller said:

Nah, they’re gonna be at Download again, like they are every time they tour the U.K. Don’t think they’d ever accept anything less than headliner (rightfully so, really) so never gonna play Glastonbury. 

I agree with this. They are never playing Glastonbury, unfortunately. 

Why do you think they have not released any UK dates? Download want there piece of the pie before they do?

36 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I agree with this. They are never playing Glastonbury, unfortunately. 

Why do you think they have not released any UK dates? Download want there piece of the pie before they do?

Donwload is announcing on monday. If they come back for arenas it'll be announced after download happens.

5 hours ago, Riggins said:

As a former Courteeners obsessive, I'm as much surprised that they somehow have a cover band.

Royal Blood having one was perhaps a big surprise for me. Saw one called Royal Monster supporting the more famed Antarctic Monkeys AM tribute in Milton Keynes in early 2019 and remember them being pretty good.

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Did someone say huge American rock act?

Screenshot_20221103_135717.thumb.jpg.afe48d2dabcd833756611236da09af6b.jpg

The return of MK Bowl for gigs was originally gonna be Slipknot doing a Knotfest event at MK Bowl in August 2020 before covid got in the way. Would be something if that ends up being the return, especially as that weekend after their Berlin gig is when Muse turn up there.

I actually think they might not be at Download - the dates of that event this year don't really match., unless they can get from Switzerland to Leicestershire in good time to play Sunday 11th.

3 hours ago, moogster said:

I think the Joy Formidable needs another go at Glastonbury. Last time they had to rush set up/shorten their gig due to a certain band taking forever to set up and then play. So yes, this time let's not book them after Foster the People or equivalent, to name names.

Still unimpressed with Foster the People to this day huh. Assuming they're even still a thing.