Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

44 minutes ago, zahidf said:

For Those I Love, AKA Dublin producer & songwriter David Balfe to play October shows,

Glasgow Audio, 17 Oct
London Courtyard, 20-21
Bristol Louisiana, 23
Manchester The Deaf Institute, 24

YES! Been eagerly awaiting a full tour so I’m right on that Manchester date.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

For Those I Love, AKA Dublin producer & songwriter David Balfe to play October shows,

Glasgow Audio, 17 Oct
London Courtyard, 20-21
Bristol Louisiana, 23

Album of the year for me.

These now clash with some other things I have including Bon Iver but I'm not convinced that Bon Iver tour will go ahead so may book these just in case!

1 hour ago, FakeEmpire said:

These now clash with some other things I have including Bon Iver but I'm not convinced that Bon Iver tour will go ahead so may book these just in case!

Think it's my album of the year too. Never been to the venue he's playing in Glasgow so get to check out a new venue too, which is a nice bonus.

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

Glasgow Audio, 17 Oct
London Courtyard, 20-21
Bristol Louisiana, 23

The Courtyard is tiny (and a little bit shit, but I haven't really said that as we need to support our venues on the roadmap to recovery). Hasn't David Balfe been reading the efestivals album of the month thread? He's going to sell out both those nights in about five minutes. 

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

Think it's my album of the year too. Never been to the venue he's playing in Glasgow so get to check out a new venue too, which is a nice bonus.

I haven’t been to the Glasgow venue either, I didn’t even know where it was but turns out I’d walk by it every week before when I was in the office. Tickets are only £12 after fees too so I’ll definitely be trying to head to this.

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I haven’t been to the Glasgow venue either, I didn’t even know where it was but turns out I’d walk by it every week before when I was in the office. Tickets are only £12 after fees too so I’ll definitely be trying to head to this.

Yeah, I'm similar, I didn't think I'd ever heard of it, then when I saw it on Google Maps I 'm pretty sure I've walked past it, thought the mural on their shutter looked cool and wondered if it was still existed or had closed down. So now I know the answer to that question. According to their facebook page they are celebrating their 10 year anniversary soon. Surprised I've never been to a gig their before (or even heard anyone else mention it).

MARCH 2022

23 – Leeds, Belgrave Music Hall
24 – Newcastle, Cluny
25 – Glasgow, Stereo
26 – Nottingham, The Bodega
27 – Birmingham, The Hare and Hounds
29 – Bristol, Thekla
30 – Brighton, Patterns
31 – London, Electric Ballroom

Edited by zahidf

4 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

TIL what the mad place next to the Arches is actually called. 

59 minutes ago, zahidf said:

MARCH 2022

23 – Leeds, Belgrave Music Hall
24 – Newcastle, Cluny
25 – Glasgow, Stereo
26 – Nottingham, The Bodega
27 – Birmingham, The Hare and Hounds
29 – Bristol, Thekla
30 – Brighton, Patterns
31 – London, Electric Ballroom

Was waiting for them to announce a tour but no Manchester and/or Liverpool date is annoying. 

19 hours ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

The Courtyard is tiny (and a little bit shit, but I haven't really said that as we need to support our venues on the roadmap to recovery). Hasn't David Balfe been reading the efestivals album of the month thread? He's going to sell out both those nights in about five minutes. 

I slept in so thank god they didn't 😂 got a ticket for the Wednesday sorted!

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Manchester date looks to be sold out now so I reckon the rest will be gone by the end of the day at least.

Hopefully, I'm an arse and completely forgot I already have Laura Marling on the Wednesday so had to get a Thursday ticket instead, fingers crossed I can return the Wednesday ticket!

Got my London ticket to For Those I Love!

I've basically got my own UK tour going on that week:

Mon - Alanis Morrissette in Birmingham
Tues - Courtney Marie Andrews in Birmingham
Weds - For Those I Love in London
Fri - Billy Nomates in Birmingham
Sat - Orlando Weeks in Edinburgh
Mon - Bon Iver in Glasgow

The joy of covid rescheduling!

• Like 2

Me: "Right, not going to buy any more gig tickets.  Got plenty lined up and should really wait to see how the world pans out before I commit further."

Also me: Wait, you mean they're doing a show?  And these guys are on tour as well? Oh. Right. Ummm..."

• Like 1

Just now, Quark said:

Me: "Right, not going to buy any more gig tickets.  Got plenty lined up and should really wait to see how the world pans out before I commit further."

Also me: Wait, you mean they're doing a show?  And these guys are on tour as well? Oh. Right. Ummm..."

Buy now.

Worry later. 

30 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

20210423_100125.jpg

Their Victorious date must be selling quite well.

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Other headliners?

I reckon it'll be Pyramid subs. They are too mainstream for Other headliner I feel. They could easily slot in where Biffy Clyro did last time and I think both Taylor and Dua Looa have high enough pitched songs to play after. Alternatively, they are probably perfect to sub Arctic Monkeys.

Edited by thewayiam

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

I said that. The Libertines show in Leicester is tempting and very close to me but I'd have rathered there be a train late enough to my town rather than driving.