Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

She’d replace Taylor for sure, but I suspect they would look elsewhere for Kendrick.

She might even skip 22 with one eye on the bigger prize in 23.

Yeah. You'd have to assume that Dula Peep would swerve headlining the Other in 2022 so that in 2023 she has a clear run at the throne.

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

She’d replace Taylor for sure, but I suspect they would look elsewhere for Kendrick.

She might even skip 22 with one eye on the bigger prize in 23.

I think she could could get it for 2022 with her going on to do Reading in 23. There usually is one that follows though it could be Arctics. I just don't see her not making the next Glastonbury. It's a perfect stage for anyone top just to keep that stardom and exposure.

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah. You'd have to assume that Dula Peep would swerve headlining the Other in 2022 so that in 2023 she has a clear run at the throne.

By the time GF22 rolls around Future Nostalgia will be two and a half years old. The plan might be to spend back end of 22 working on a new record then going for the big one in 23.

For the Other next year I think the Pet Shop Boys are a lock, they’ve rescheduled their tour for roughly the same time. The other two headline slots are up for grabs I’d say.

My prediction: Wolf Alice for the Friday against Kendrick and someone a bit more yoof focused for the Saturday. No idea who though. AJ Tracey maybe?

Wolf Alice and London Grammar in with a shout for the Friday. 

Bicep could get the Other stage nod if they go with a dance headliner.

Although I expect they’re more WH level at the mo.

AJ Tracey is a good shout, he’s stepped up to arenas hasn’t he? 

42 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You seen Wolf Alice on the R+L lineup? Headlining Other might still be beyond them.

I hadn’t.

Let’s see how the next album goes.

Most surprising thing on the R and L poster is The Wombats still being so far up.

Who knew? 

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I hadn’t.

Let’s see how the next album goes.

Most surprising thing on the R and L poster is The Wombats still being so far up.

Who knew? 

Are Wolf Alice really any smaller than Christine ATQs, Boy Better Know or Alt-J?

They were playing a few nights at Ally Pally on their last album and tick a lot of boxes - popular. critically acclaimed, female fronted, history with the festival...

You also wonder if the acts who have given time to the L@WF thing next month will be looked on more favourably when booking for next year.

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Are Wolf Alice really any smaller than Christine ATQs, Boy Better Know or Alt-J?

They were playing a few nights at Ally Pally on their last album and tick a lot of boxes - popular. critically acclaimed, female fronted, history with the festival...

You also wonder if the acts who have given time to the L@WF thing next month will be looked on more favourably when booking for next year.

Nope, which is why they are in with a shout. 

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd assume that small crowds at headliners isn't a standard that they're aspiring to.

They’d get a decent crowd, especially up against Kendrick. They’d be a credible alternative for those who didn’t fancy a rapper. Would annoy me as I’d love to see them headline a stage, but I’ve waited for years to see Kendrick...

Over the last decade or so you can count on one hand the number of times there hasn’t been a traditional guitar based act headlining one of the top two stages.

7 hours ago, nikkic said:

Wolf Alice and London Grammar in with a shout for the Friday. 

Bicep could get the Other stage nod if they go with a dance headliner.

Although I expect they’re more WH level at the mo.

AJ Tracey is a good shout, he’s stepped up to arenas hasn’t he? 

I think London Grammar’s tour dates probably make them too big for The Park now, though I guess Manic Street Preachers still play some pretty big venues. I can definitely see them moving to a bigger stage but not sure they’d get an Other stage headline slot. They seem to prefer playing in darkness but I could see them playing late afternoon Pyramid. 

Agreed on AJ Tracey, he seems an obvious shout for an Other headliner next year.

I wonder how much of Wolf Alice’s position at R&L is just replacing one of the acts who dropped out and taking a payday this summer while they can? I’m sure Christine & the Queens headlined the third stage at Parklife the year she headlined the Other so playing lower at another festival shouldn’t rule them out. I think they’ll want to continue promoting women in headline slots too where they can and Wolf Alice seem a decent fit for that.

38 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think London Grammar’s tour dates probably make them too big for The Park now, though I guess Manic Street Preachers still play some pretty big venues. I can definitely see them moving to a bigger stage but not sure they’d get an Other stage headline slot. They seem to prefer playing in darkness but I could see them playing late afternoon Pyramid. 

Agreed on AJ Tracey, he seems an obvious shout for an Other headliner next year.

I wonder how much of Wolf Alice’s position at R&L is just replacing one of the acts who dropped out and taking a payday this summer while they can? I’m sure Christine & the Queens headlined the third stage at Parklife the year she headlined the Other so playing lower at another festival shouldn’t rule them out. I think they’ll want to continue promoting women in headline slots too where they can and Wolf Alice seem a decent fit for that.

MSP would probably move to John Peel but that's about it. They were 3rd down Other last time they played and that was even with a late Jake Bugg add in I believe.

They still have a big fan following at a festival they aren't getting much better. They've gone the other year from headlining Victorious to dubbing since I believe too.

AJ Tracey yes, I could just about see him subbing it though under Fatboy Slim.

C+TQ were bumped up from sub.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

MSP would probably move to John Peel but that's about it. They were 3rd down Other last time they played and that was even with a late Jake Bugg add in I believe.

They still have a big fan following at a festival they aren't getting much better. They've gone the other year from headlining Victorious to dubbing since I believe too.

AJ Tracey yes, I could just about see him subbing it though under Fatboy Slim.

C+TQ were bumped up from sub.

Ah I meant London Grammar for the first, agreed no chance Manic Street Preachers are moving up the bill from here. 

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Ah I meant London Grammar for the first, agreed no chance Manic Street Preachers are moving up the bill from here. 

I'd rather they played further down as more chance to see them but they were very good in a later slot. Don't think Victorious ran crazily late mind.