Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

And there you go. Macca, Noel Gallagher, Aerosmith top 3 from 2020 is back.

RB, Noel G and Dua Lipa to sub. 

I'm leaning more towards the idea of Dua Lipa skipping next year, reckon she'll sit out and wait for her shot at the big prize.

Given that she has another album out we can't rule out LDR coming back to sub. Maybe have her below Swift and Royal Blood under Kendrick.

Charlatans tour

It's a 30th 31st anniversary best of tour.

November 22 - Belfast, Limelight

November 23 - Dublin, Olympia

November 25 - Wrexham, William Aston Hall

November 26th - Bristol, O2 Academy

November 27 - Birmingham, O2 Academy

November 29 - Bexhill De La Warr Pavilion

November 30 - Bournemouth, Academy

December 2 - Oxford, O2 Academy

December 3 - Cambridge, Corn Exchange

December 4 - Manchester, O2 Victoria Warehouse

December 6 - Lincoln, Engine Shed

December 8 - Liverpool, Invisible Wind Factory

December 9 - Newcastle, City Hall

December 10 - London, O2 Brixton Academy

December 16 - Nottingham, Rock City

December 17 - Leeds, O2 Academy

December 18 - Glasgow, O2 Academy

December 20 - Aberdeen, Music Hall

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm leaning more towards the idea of Dua Lipa skipping next year, reckon she'll sit out and wait for her shot at the big prize.

Given that she has another album out we can't rule out LDR coming back to sub. Maybe have her below Swift and Royal Blood under Kendrick.

Actually yes LDR. Sure I've seen her about somewhere. I don't think she will be there in 2023. Surely with her tour, the moment is next year. Don't think Kendrick will be there

Interesting post from a stage manager on big West end shows

There are a variety of reasons why a lot of producers are not rushing to open their shows on 21st June. Aside from the confidence in the Government roadmap one of the ones that hasn’t been mentioned here is the logistics. Under the current rules and the ones in place assuming the next step is met on May 17th you can’t rehearse a show non socially distanced until after the 21st June. So as most shows will need several weeks if not months of rehearsals to be ready for performance it was always inevitable that most shows were going to not open immediately in June, unless you were directing your show to be distanced.

The producers are also hedging their bets because there is also a problem with track and trace. The government has not announced (or even mentioned) if track and trace will still be in place after June 21st. If it is, it’s a major headache for the shows as it only takes one person in the company to test positive and the whole company would need to go into isolation (assuming a non socially distanced show). There is a behind the scenes push for there to be a system to test your way out of isolation (something that I think should have been in place for a long time). This would mean that in the event that one person tested positive you could test the rest of the company (if required daily) to catch any other positives but the company would not need to isolate.

The producers also want a window of time before their shows open to build up a box office advance but some polling I have seen implies that whilst people are keen to return to the theatres (especially among the population who have been vaccinated), people are not willing to book until they are sure that the shows will be allowed to open. Consequently Producers are expecting people to start booking from after 21st June and have left some time for the advance to build.

I can also say as someone who is caught up in trying to plan in this environment the biggest problem is not knowing what the rules will be. A lot of the rules for the West End are going to be affected by the results of the trial events but as the last one doesn’t take place until 15th May, we are not expecting some guidance until early June. So that is another reason for a delay in reopening dates so that the Producers have time to adapt to whatever rules are set.

All of these things I know are weighing on the minds of the Producers and why they are allowing a window of time before opening dates to see what happens.

My personal view is that we will re-open to be non-socially distanced on 21st June, but some restrictions will stay in place. I think masks “where possible” will still be in place until the majority of the world is vaccinated. So I expect to wear one whilst sitting in the stalls of theatres for a while longer and also on the tube into town, but probably not whilst drinking in a pub. I think vaccine passports or testing will be in place for at least a few months after the June re-opening for potential super spreader events (so I am assuming Large theatre shows but probably not fringe or day to day things like shopping). I can tell you that most West End shows currently have plans in place to continue testing all their staff and casts until September, but are waiting the results of the Government testing events at The Crucible and Wembley etc.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Charlatans tour

It's a 30th 31st anniversary best of tour.

November 22 - Belfast, Limelight

November 23 - Dublin, Olympia

November 25 - Wrexham, William Aston Hall

November 26th - Bristol, O2 Academy

November 27 - Birmingham, O2 Academy

November 29 - Bexhill De La Warr Pavilion

November 30 - Bournemouth, Academy

December 2 - Oxford, O2 Academy

December 3 - Cambridge, Corn Exchange

December 4 - Manchester, O2 Victoria Warehouse

December 6 - Lincoln, Engine Shed

December 8 - Liverpool, Invisible Wind Factory

December 9 - Newcastle, City Hall

December 10 - London, O2 Brixton Academy

December 16 - Nottingham, Rock City

December 17 - Leeds, O2 Academy

December 18 - Glasgow, O2 Academy

December 20 - Aberdeen, Music Hall

Wanna win tickets ?! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Actually yes LDR. Sure I've seen her about somewhere. I don't think she will be there in 2023. Surely with her tour, the moment is next year. Don't think Kendrick will be there

I think Kendrick will be back. Was meant to tour Europe last summer and again this summer and he has at least one, maybe even two, albums’ worth of new material ready to go.

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think Kendrick will be back. Was meant to tour Europe last summer and again this summer and he has at least one, maybe even two, albums’ worth of new material ready to go.

If so yes I can see those 3 being the subs. RB under Kendrick doesn't sound right though. I genuinely think they would book them under Taylor. But I still think Arctics will be there.

20 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Additions to Liverpool Sound. Wall to wall "who day?" in the lower card, which I guess is kind if the point.

Ant recommendations gratefully received.

Screenshot_20210427-124840_Twitter.thumb.jpg.e18af740f2183aaf128b0457cef26bb7.jpg

Personally I'd 100% recommend Youth Sector. Hopefully going to see them in July.  Saw them as a support band at my last gig before the dark times came, bloody good.  New Wave-type sound.  And the bass player has an amazing 'tache to go with some proper good playing.