Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, that fits too. Other Stage headliner definitely feels like the natural progression and if the new album takes off, expect them to be potential headline material by the next album

PY - Kendrick, Macca, Taylor

Oth - RB, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys

Would be as strong a top six as the festival has ever put out. Although I do agree with Gaz that they could potentially be a sub for Macca or whoever replaces him.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

PY - Kendrick, Macca, Taylor

Oth - RB, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys

Would be as strong a top six as the festival has ever put out. Although I do agree with Gaz that they could potentially be a sub for Macca or whoever replaces him.

Six strong (and highly likely) candidates there, chief. PSB and Taylor maybe pop clash hell for some, though. Switch PSB and RB around and I reckon everyone's a winner

Royal blood

MARCH 2022
25th – Bournemouth, International Centre
26th – Birmingham, Utilita Arena
27th – Cardiff, Motorpoint Arena
29th – Nottingham, Motorpoint Arena
30th – London, The O2
APRIL 2022
1st – Leeds, First Direct Arena
2nd – Manchester, AO Arena
3rd – Glasgow, SSE Hydro

9 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Unlike Fatboy Slim, Dua Lipa, and The Pet Shop Boys 

That's fair in Dua Lipa I'd say, I forgot about that one. Fatboy definitely got that for who he is, I don't think anyone thought he should play there. Doesn't even headline the main stage at Creamfields, but yes given they gave it to him I suppose.

Were PSB Other headliner or WHs?, I'm not a fan so wouldn't have paid much attention.

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Six strong (and highly likely) candidates there, chief. PSB and Taylor maybe pop clash hell for some, though. Switch PSB and RB around and I reckon everyone's a winner

Last year both Taylor and PSB were down for the Sunday which is why I stuck them in there again.

Alternatively move RB to Pyramid sub and whack The National in there. It's what we'd all love to see...

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I do have doubts around RB’s future headlining chops. My suspicion is they’ll forever exist in the Biffy/Foals corridor of “not quite there”.

They're certainly pretty one-dimensional. Chuck a collab with Megan Thee Stallion or Lil Uzi Vert and watch em go stratospheric...

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Manchester date looks to be sold out now so I reckon the rest will be gone by the end of the day at least.

Was waiting for a mate to get back to me to see if he wanted to go (to the Glasgow gig), but your post made me paranoid so just bought a ticket for myself. If he wants to go I can always pay another fee.

So after not buying any gig tickets for ages I've bought tickets for 2 gigs on one day. Going to see For Those I Love and Pongo.

Both in absolutely tiny venues. Scary how hearing someone a few times on 6 music or everyone loving them on here can make you think an artist is massive, when in reality they are probably scrapping to make a living playing to a few hundred people.

Any how really excited for both. Roll on October and November. Hoping I'll be vaccinated by then and things will finally stop getting cancelled.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I do have doubts around RB’s future headlining chops. My suspicion is they’ll forever exist in the Biffy/1975 corridor of “not quite there”.

gotta wonder how much no festivals has affected some of these bands chances. The big hitters have all had a bit of time off now and while their schedules were all pretty spread out these coulpe of years are gonna throw down a huge reset on all of that. I'd go as far as to say by 2022 it won't be too soon for anyone to come back. Of course Glastonbury have a budget to worry about but we could end up with a few names of huge names followed by a couple of redemption years for bands that have missed out.

that or I'm talking shit so I could sneakily edit your statement.

Shed Seven, the indie superstars announce the Another Night, Another Town – The Greatest Hits Live Tour for November/December 2021,

Aberdeen Music Hall, 25 Nov
Glasgow Barrowland Ballroom, 26
Newcastle O2 Academy, 29
Sheffield O2 Academy, 30
Hull City Hall, 01 Dec
Liverpool O2 Academy, 03
Leicester O2 Academy, 04
Norwich UEA, 06
Cambridge Corn Exchange, 07
Birmingham O2 Academy, 09
Nottingham Rock City, 10
Manchester Academy, 11
Oxford O2 Academy, 13
Brighton Dome, 14
Bristol O2 Academy, 16
London Roundhouse, 18
Leeds O2 Academy, 20-21

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

Both in absolutely tiny venues. Scary how hearing someone a few times on 6 music or everyone loving them on here can make you think an artist is massive, when in reality they are probably scrapping to make a living playing to a few hundred people.

I love that.  Not the fact that they're scraping a living obviously (I'm not a monster) but that it's possible to be hyped for something that's still that small and unknown.  I get more of a kick from seeing bands like that announcing tours near me than I do for big name bands.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Shed Seven, the indie superstars announce the Another Night, Another Town – The Greatest Hits Live Tour for November/December 2021,

Aberdeen Music Hall, 25 Nov
Glasgow Barrowland Ballroom, 26
Newcastle O2 Academy, 29
Sheffield O2 Academy, 30
Hull City Hall, 01 Dec
Liverpool O2 Academy, 03
Leicester O2 Academy, 04
Norwich UEA, 06
Cambridge Corn Exchange, 07
Birmingham O2 Academy, 09
Nottingham Rock City, 10
Manchester Academy, 11
Oxford O2 Academy, 13
Brighton Dome, 14
Bristol O2 Academy, 16
London Roundhouse, 18
Leeds O2 Academy, 20-21

Tempted by this.  I was never a massive Sheds fan in my yoot, but saw them at a festival in 2018 and they blew me away.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

That's fair in Dua Lipa I'd say, I forgot about that one. Fatboy definitely got that for who he is, I don't think anyone thought he should play there. Doesn't even headline the main stage at Creamfields, but yes given they gave it to him I suppose.

Were PSB Other headliner or WHs?, I'm not a fan so wouldn't have paid much attention.

The 3 I mentioned were the OS headliners for 2020. I’d imagine they were all offered the same slots for 2021-2022

39 minutes ago, Quark said:

Tempted by this.  I was never a massive Sheds fan in my yoot, but saw them at a festival in 2018 and they blew me away.

Yeah I was the same- saw them at Kendal 2012 thinking I only knew a couple of tracks but they were so good

Support is interesting - an, ahem, supergroup of dodgy, seahorses and bluetones members. Some good songs to be played there 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I love that.  Not the fact that they're scraping a living obviously (I'm not a monster) but that it's possible to be hyped for something that's still that small and unknown.  I get more of a kick from seeing bands like that announcing tours near me than I do for big name bands.

yeah there is definitely something more personal about a gig in a small space and I think there is a better energy in the room for these types of gigs as everyone is there for the gig, where as sometimes a big act people more go because there mates are going and they fancy a night out.

I really don't understand the economics of it though. One of the last gigs I went to before lockdown was Kishi Bashi in a venue that holds 350. Was an amazing gig, but considering he's American I wonder if his UK tour even broke even after flights, playing that size of venues. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I think they sound better live than on record. I never paid much attention to them, then saw them at a gig and was blown away as well. Really wanted to learn one of their songs on guitar after it, but when I looked it up it sounded so much tamer on record than live.

30 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

yeah there is definitely something more personal about a gig in a small space and I think there is a better energy in the room for these types of gigs as everyone is there for the gig, where as sometimes a big act people more go because there mates are going and they fancy a night out.

I really don't understand the economics of it though. One of the last gigs I went to before lockdown was Kishi Bashi in a venue that holds 350. Was an amazing gig, but considering he's American I wonder if his UK tour even broke even after flights, playing that size of venues. 

I think some of those kinds of tours are a mixture of getting exposure and just enjoying travelling and playing.  Think I said on here before that the first time I saw The Beths in Brighton it was a free gig above a pub but they were taking voluntary contributions to help with their expenses.

12 hours ago, henry bear said:

The 3 I mentioned were the OS headliners for 2020. I’d imagine they were all offered the same slots for 2021-2022

Oh okay, I don't see Dua Lipa doing Other stage. She will ram it ridiculously whether it's against Macca or not. More likely to either sub Kendrick/Taylor or replace them.

17 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Oh okay, I don't see Dua Lipa doing Other stage. She will ram it ridiculously whether it's against Macca or not. More likely to either sub Kendrick/Taylor or replace them.

She’d replace Taylor for sure, but I suspect they would look elsewhere for Kendrick.

She might even skip 22 with one eye on the bigger prize in 23.