Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 9:09 PM, charlierc said:

Brandon and Ronnie from The Killers did a fans Q&A on Instagram over the weekend and said they're not sure whether their planned May/June shows will be happening. Wouldn't be surprised if they fall through the cracks tbh.

Also had tickets to Haim, Green Day and Foals in June. Foals feels likeliest but can't say I'm confident any of them will be in motion.

I forgot till you posted that I had tickets for Foals.

Can't see me making it even if it does go ahead as I'm now a student & it's right in the middle of exam period for me. Live in Scotland & got tickets to the London gig so it's not like it would just be taking a night of studying

On 2/26/2021 at 4:56 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

It believe it was mentioned that the original plan was for them to do solo stuff in 2020, and then get back together in 2021. So maybe, but everything has been changed

I’m not being cynical here. But I’ve noticed that there’s only one sort of event portended by, Radiohead, tour, rumours. These are events like a fan club T-shirt sale; the launch of a, heavily discounted, calendar; or the sale of, another, Stanley Donwood, jigsaw puzzle.

1 hour ago, stt11 said:

I’m not being cynical here. But I’ve noticed that there’s only one sort of event portended by, Radiohead, tour, rumours. These are events like a fan club T-shirt sale; the launch of a, heavily discounted, calendar; or the sale of, another, Stanley Donwood, jigsaw puzzle.

You are right, but someday one of those events will a tour announcement, or new music. We just have to hope that day is coming soon... 

Biggest gap between their albums has been 5 years, so i'd be very surprised if we don't hear anything this year

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

You are right, but someday one of those events will a tour announcement, or new music. We just have to hope that day is coming soon... 

Biggest gap between their albums has been 5 years, so i'd be very surprised if we don't hear anything this year

I heard a rumour, they were breaking up, at one point. They don’t seem like that sort of band; though. It was a long time ago.

35 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Biggest gap between their albums has been 5 years, so i'd be very surprised if we don't hear anything this year

They’re at a point in their career now where they can wait any period of time between releases and it won’t matter so I wouldn’t count the 5 year thing as gospel. Lots of ginormous acts like them slow the fuck down this late down the line. 

Maybe/hopefully they’ll have something out this year, but it could also easily be next year instead, or even the year after...

(but seriously, this year would be great thanks lads)

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They’re at a point in their career now where they can wait any period of time between releases and it won’t matter so I wouldn’t count the 5 year thing as gospel. Lots of ginormous acts like them slow the fuck down this late down the line. 

Maybe/hopefully they’ll have something out this year, but it could also easily be next year instead, or even the year after...

(but seriously, this year would be great thanks lads)

Aye but our boy Ed did say this last year "What happens next with Radiohead? I don’t know. We’ve been talking about live dates next year but that was pre-coronavirus"   so there's probably something in the pipeline soon. Just give us a big one-off show this year, and then a proper next year. I neeed it

Yah. Considering they have lots of ideas for their own side/solo projects and few for Radiohead (other than polishing old rarities), their priorities are clear. The gaps are gonna get longer between albums and I think most fans accept that this is just that point in their career now.

It's a bit like The Strokes but instead of actively hating each other, they are just happy with what they've achieved and start things up every now and then for the fans.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Aye but our boy Ed did say this last year "What happens next with Radiohead? I don’t know. We’ve been talking about live dates next year but that was pre-coronavirus"   so there's probably something in the pipeline soon. Just give us a big one-off show this year, and then a proper next year. I neeed it

I wouldn’t mind an NYE show. But it would probably mean travelling to London. So it would probably be a, massive, Covid risk.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

You sure? By then everyone in the UK will hopefully have had their second jab

I worry about other people, though. Some people won’t take a jab. What if there’s undetectable pockets of Covid. Small unknown plagues, that form from large numbers, at gigs?

Even if such pockets  die out, relatively, quickly. People will die from them. I guess you’re right though. A tad obsessive!!!! Still a life’s a life. I feel bad.

I’ve got a ticket to Reading. It was thinking of that festival, that got me worrying!!!

6 hours ago, stt11 said:

I heard a rumour, they were breaking up, at one point. They don’t seem like that sort of band; though. It was a long time ago.

Doubt they’ll ever break up formally. They’re more likely to go down the Blur route of doing their own individual things before getting together every few years for a few dates and an album.