"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

Don't know if its been said on here yet (more than likely has) but the rolling stones? they said they aren't playing this summer in UK due to no suitable venues. They're free weekend of glasto and I'm sure the sunday afternoon slot is screaming out for them 

Edited by Logan1996

1 minute ago, Logan1996 said:

Don't know if its been said on here yet (more than likely has) but the rolling roses? they said they aren't playing this summer in UK due to no suitable venues. They're free weekend of glasto and I'm sure the sunday afternoon slot is screaming out for them 

Feat. Mick Brown and Keith Squire?

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

State of this speculation.

Clearly the repeated references to an 'old son' are a hint that the special guest is someone's eldest progeny.

Therefore, there can be only one candidate:

8cefe60d85ac483e8f7ec555846c6476.jpg

Which woujd tie into my theory a million posts ago about Yoko & Sean being there with Moonlandingz on the Saturday, and the 50th of sgt pepper. It's not that far out of the realms of possibility given that ringo will turn up at the opening of an envelope these days. (But not of his own fan mail of course.) 

2 hours ago, hurdy said:

The secret is an 'it'. The 'thing' is that the 'it' is still a secret. 

I'd agree that only knowing a 'bit' would suggest 'it' isn't necessarily a single 'thing' 

:huh:

Yea. 

I think your all reading to much into the...  it... Thing.. Bit.. 

It is a place and the thing is happening but Wot that thing.. It... Is I don't know...

I wish I did know and I wish I could could tell you where and who but the where I can't say and the who I don't know.. I'm sorry if you think I'm taking the piss... I'm not.. But I'm glad it's got you all excited.. 

Oooo what's a good time at Glastonbury............ Lol 

You do know Eddie vedder is in the UK and can play one day.......... Ummmmmmmmmm 

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea. 

I think your all reading to much into the...  it... Thing.. Bit.. 

It is a place and the thing is happening but Wot that thing.. It... Is I don't know...

I wish I did know and I wish I could could tell you where and who but the where I can't say and the who I don't know.. I'm sorry if you think I'm taking the piss... I'm not.. But I'm glad it's got you all excited.. 

Oooo what's a good time at Glastonbury............ Lol 

You do know Eddie vedder is in the UK and can play one day.......... Ummmmmmmmmm 

A new place?

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A new place?

Nooo

OK so the part of the secret that I've heard . and I did say it wasn't all that exciting...

. Has I've just been told already been mentioned on this thread.. So sorry but I missed it. I didn't mean to lead you lovely lot on a wild goose chase but if you look back you'll find it.. 

I was told not to say anything so did not but I didn't realise it was already out there.. 

So I'm sorry.. Look back on thread.. If I give my word I keep it. 

Peace and red face. G

I think at this stage it would be just as great if there actually was no big secret at all, and Emily or the festival never made reference to it again or acknowledged it was ever said in the first place. Then this thread could live on forever, with the speculation running on way after the festival had finished... "Did anyone see that bin with a picture of Mr Blobby on it, perhaps that was it?"

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So the secret 5pm John Peel act then?

Yep... Sorry I really didn't know it had been mentioned.. And I'm the sort that if told to say nothing I do... 

I've been thinking all day and I reckon it's got to be a 90s band.. Only cos there's lots that have there 20th anniversarys... Who's Mr Es favourite 90s band...??. 

Now I'm the same as you all Lololol 

Just now, guypjfreak said:

Yep... Sorry I really didn't know it had been mentioned.. And I'm the sort that if told to say nothing I do... 

I've been thinking all day and I reckon it's got to be a 90s band.. Only cos there's lots that have there 20th anniversarys... Who's Mr Es favourite 90s band...??. 

Now I'm the same as you all Lololol 

Well seems promising now if it's coming from two separate directions. Still unsure of whether this is Emily's 'big secret' but exciting nonetheless that we've already got at least one seemingly high profile secret set in place already, especially with last year being awfully light on them (apart from, erm, Travis).

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Well seems promising now if it's coming from two separate directions. Still unsure of whether this is Emily's 'big secret' but exciting nonetheless that we've already got at least one seemingly high profile secret set in place already, especially with last year being awfully light on them (apart from, erm, Travis).

Let's keep it quiet tho yea lol 

1 minute ago, hurdy said:

Obviously there's opportunity for a little wriggle room, but 5pm is awfully close to the legend slot isn't it? 

Yeah, but why JP?  That's the strange thing for me, if it was a real big act, you'd think they'd want it on the Pyramid.  Maybe it's not a music thing?