2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Just to say...

What Emily has said today is probably the best corroboration I'm going to get for Stormzy apart from him being announced, and next time I'm at my desk will be changing him to 'tbc' on the rumours page.

She's also made me more confident that the cure and macca are right, too - and I've always been confident in those anyway.

and what about Madonna ? what odds on that now ? 

6 hours ago, caballosblancos said:

Interesting! Well, put like that. I’m 40 and NY was a major influence on the bands I liked growing up, like Pearl Jam, so always delved into his stuff from that perspective. Then saw him at Reading 95, playing with most of PJ (except Vedder) because of the Mirrorball album. I always wrote off Cure as dull when younger and have only more recently come to enjoy them... 

I'm 40 and I know people who like Neil Young and I tried really hard in 2009 to get into him, but found his voice a bit whiney and ultimately decided he was a big influence of a lot of early nineties music I didn't like very much.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm 40 and I know people who like Neil Young and I tried really hard in 2009 to get into him, but found his voice a bit whiney and ultimately decided he was a big influence of a lot of early nineties music I didn't like very much.

Fuck me, it feels weird to write "I'm 40".

Like the complete fucking idiot I am, I wrote Neil Young off in my younger years who wrote half decent songs that were better when someone else did them.

Luckily I realised the error of my ways some time in the early noughties, I'm still adding to my collection on vinyl as I go, I love the solo acoustic stuff and the endless Crazy Horse jams. 

At the same time I was ignoring Neil Young I was into The Cure and am looking forward to seeing them again. But I'd drop them like a stone if Neil Young was on another stage at the same time.

I also have the impression that all Neil Young fans are annoying and boring as fuck. In freshers week this year I went home from the uni pub with some girl who started talking to me about music after I did karaoke. When we were walking home she said she was gonna show me her record collection and then when she did she started banging on about Neil Young for fucking hours. I sat there for around 4 hours listening to this shit and all I remember constantly saying is how fucking old and ugly Neil Young is and that I wish he'd stop doing things, before I stood up and walked home at like 5am because I couldn't bear to stay and listen any longer.

Fuck Neil Young. He should be called Neil Old.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I also have the impression that all Neil Young fans are annoying and boring as fuck. In freshers week this year I went home from the uni pub with some girl who started talking to me about music after I did karaoke. When we were walking home she said she was gonna show me her record collection and then when she did she started banging on about Neil Young for fucking hours. I sat there for around 4 hours listening to this shit and all I remember constantly saying is how fucking old and ugly Neil Young is and that I wish he'd stop doing things, before I stood up and walked home at like 5am because I couldn't bear to stay and listen any longer.

He married Darryl Hannah 

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Maybe if you liked Neil Young you'd have got laid.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah I saw that but I dunno who she is; I know nothing about films. I remember seeing it and being annoyed all over again because it made me remember that stupid night.

See below

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

LOL

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

1 minute ago, billum said:

But instead "all Neil Young fans are annoying and boring as fuck" because you didn't?

No, I did. The Neil Young shit happened after I'd been there for a while. I'm not bitter at Neil Young fans because they won't sleep with me.

Now every time I see her at uni or on Instagram all I can think about is Neil Young.

35 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

An up vote as this made me laugh! Back in our day I'll show you my record collection was code....I think....or was I just gullable? Hmmmm

Edit...saw your later reply...it's still code then.

Edited by slash's hat

10 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I also have the impression that all Neil Young fans are annoying and boring as fuck.

I must be annoying and boring then.

Smashing his guitar up at the end of Rockin in the free world in 2009 was the most rock and roll thing I’ve ever seen. I think he’s brilliant. 

Only in the last few years did I discard my notion that country music sucks and with that Neil Young was one of the acts I decided to give a proper go, and I haven't looked back. His entire discography is too big for me to be bothering with and is seemingly pretty patchy, but for a period in the late 60's and most of the 70's he was releasing masterpiece after masterpiece, sometimes twice in a year. Can't recommend those albums enough.