2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

I'm an efestivals poster's mum, and I'm hear to say that the only reason I've heard of this "Stormsby" character is because of this Donald Trump sex tape thing. Any road, I've no idea why my own ignorance of popular culture really matters at all, when I'm hardly going to be going to a music festival with no interest in music am I? Also I'm one isolated case of a person, not a fucking survey results of all mams.

Also I'm ashamed of my efestivals-posting child, I tell all my friends that they died, it's just easier to explain...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I love that this week's litmus test for headline eligibility is whether our mums have heard of them. 

Why would anybody ask their mum about contemporary music?

I reached peak dumb mum last night. My mum is convinced, absolutely convinced, that Bon Jovi are coming to Torquay to play our 1,500 seater theatre. She saw 'him' on Good Morning Britain advertising 'his' new tour, The Bon Jovi Experience and that 'he' is playing dates all over the UK.

I've tried to let her down gently that it's a tribute act but she's having none of it. Has purchased tickets already.... It's not sold out instantly which I've hinted might be odd for a global rock band playing Torquay...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm an efestivals poster's mum, and I'm hear to say that the only reason I've heard of this "Stormsby" character is because of this Donald Trump sex tape thing. Any road, I've no idea why my own ignorance of popular culture really matters at all, when I'm hardly going to be going to a music festival with no interest in music am I? Also I'm one isolated case of a person, not a fucking survey results of all mams.

Also I'm ashamed of my efestivals-posting child, I tell all my friends that they died, it's just easier to explain...

That's something I never thought about. If I have a kid who posts on eFests they're getting kicked out the house.

18 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Are you saying my mother wishes I was dead because she's embarrassed of me? 

And the for the final time, my initial comment was that Stormzy isn't the same class of mainstream act that the festival has booked in recent years (e.g. Coldplay, Adele, Ed) and I'm personally glad they're moving away from that this year. My mother doesn't go to festivals any more, no, but she was being used as my barometer for popularity along the lines of the acts just mentioned. It wasn't "well my mother doesn't know him so he's not big enough to play" or any of that nonsense. 

24 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I reached peak dumb mum last night. My mum is convinced, absolutely convinced, that Bon Jovi are coming to Torquay to play our 1,500 seater theatre. She saw 'him' on Good Morning Britain advertising 'his' new tour, The Bon Jovi Experience and that 'he' is playing dates all over the UK.

I've tried to let her down gently that it's a tribute act but she's having none of it. Has purchased tickets already.... It's not sold out instantly which I've hinted might be odd for a global rock band playing Torquay...

That's amazing!

11 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Lancastrian, currently residing in Cumbria because I wasn't northern enough. 

The top of Scafell Pike: the ultimate naughty step.  Now sit there and think about what you've done.

On  amore general note, it just feels too early to have all three headliners pinned down. Sure @eFestivalshas good reason to believe his sources and all the rest, but something just doesn't sit right with me. Dunno.

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

On  amore general note, it just feels too early to have all three headliners pinned down. Sure @eFestivalshas good reason to believe his sources and all the rest, but something just doesn't sit right with me. Dunno.

I'm not thinking it's too early to have them in place, with a year off they've had a longer run-up at sorting them.

Plus, if those three are right it's fairly easy to see that they'd be easier than some others to get sorted.

I can't guarantee they're right and I'm lacking some extra corrorberation at the mo, but I'm very comfortable with the sources for all of them, and if those sources have got it wrong that'll be quite embarrassing for each of them. They really should know for sure if they're saying they know for sure.