2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

20 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I’ve forgot if it was information @eFestivals but wouldn’t Bruce work? The American act? 

Bruce Springsteen

The Cure

Paul McCartney

That would be damn good. 

Not sure most of the under 40s audience would agree. I'm well over 40 and I wouldn't agree, actually!

If it is Macca/The Cure surely the third has to be someone to cater for the 'younger' audience. That's not to say there won't be people of all ages watched both of those, I'm sure there will.

A Stormzy/Taylor Swift/The 1975 has to be the third with them 2 surely

10 minutes ago, mufcok said:

If it is Macca/The Cure surely the third has to be someone to cater for the 'younger' audience. That's not to say there won't be people of all ages watched both of those, I'm sure there will.

A Stormzy/Taylor Swift/The 1975 has to be the third with them 2 surely

yeah, I defo think it's going to be someone 'younger'. 

15 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

Not sure most of the under 40s audience would agree. I'm well over 40 and I wouldn't agree, actually!

I'd have that. Can see The 1975 every other year for the next ten years if I was so inclined.

Could Stormzy headline the Other Stage instead of the mooted/rumoured possible Pyramid headliner? It's still a decent statement and sets him up to headline properly in a few years. I think Other headliner fits his popularity too, after one album.

Just now, Riggins said:

I'd have that. Can see The 1975 every other year for the next ten years if I was so inclined.

Could Stormzy headline the Other Stage instead of the mooted/rumoured possible Pyramid headliner? It's still a decent statement and sets him up to headline properly in a few years. I think Other headliner fits his popularity too, after one album.

Pyramid sub seems more likely than Other headliner, to me. Reckon he'll do one of the top two slots on the Pyramid, either way.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Gaga / Cure / Macca is the only real answer at this stage.

Except they're all really insecure headliners. There's literally nothing to tie Gaga to Glasto at this point other than another rumour of a co-star of a movie she's in. The Cure is a guess based entirely on the dates of a different festival and Macca comes down to him saying he'd do it, them saying they'd want him to do it and his tour dates.

Notwithstanding whatever information @eFestivals has, which of course we can't see, I don't think I'd be putting money on any of them.

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Except they're all really insecure headliners. There's literally nothing to tie Gaga to Glasto at this point other than another rumour of a co-star of a movie she's in. The Cure is a guess based entirely on the dates of a different festival and Macca comes down to him saying he'd do it, them saying they'd want him to do it and his tour dates.

Notwithstanding whatever information @eFestivals has, which of course we can't see, I don't think I'd be putting money on any of them.

To be fair there isn't an enormous pool of available headliners anyway, and when you throw in The Cure's tour dates and both Emily and Macca saying they want it to happen those two look pretty likely. Personally I'd be hedging my bets on those two anyway, and then you add in Neil's info and it all comes together. Obviously anything can happen, but those two in particular seem as likely as any headliner rumour could be at this stage.

And Gaga? Well you're just ignoring @GETOFFAMYLAWN's tea leaves. Doesn't get more nailed on.

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

those two look pretty likely

Agreed. But consensus has turned to gospel around these parts and as far as I can see, there's just not enough to be sure about that.

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

And Gaga? Well you're just ignoring @GETOFFAMYLAWN's tea leaves. Doesn't get more nailed on.

@GETOFFAMYLAWN is to Gaga what @Martin Ashford is to Taylor, so I'll politely but deliberately walk backwards.

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

But consensus has turned to gospel around these parts and as far as I can see, there's just not enough to be sure about that.

from where i'm sat, I'm pretty sure about the cure and macca, despite having some doubts at first. I got the cure info before anything of their festies was publicly known about, and the macca (and no madonna) info came from the same place.

I can't be certain, of course - because it's all gossip until it's announced. But I do think these two are right.

I've got no idea on the 3rd.

Mulling over in my head regarding a third headliner...is Drake a possibility? Arguably the biggest artist in the world at the moment, seems to really like playing over in the UK and does so often.

I'm guessing maybe he'd demand too large a fee but considering he seems to like it over here he could maybe be talked around and would see it as a big event to do.