2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Arctic Monkeys were largely ruled out cos someone on some fan forum, known to get accurate info, said they weren't booked for anything over Glastonbury Weekend. Or something.Arctic Monkeys were largely ruled out cos someone on some fan forum, known to get accurate info, said they weren't booked for anything over Glastonbury Weekend. Or something.

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ok, so where are we up to in terms of runners and riders?

Likely (in that they're around and would be up for doing it) - Billy Banjo, Gaga, Stormzy

Less likely (might not be active and/or about) - Swifty, Kendrick,

Active but unlikely to do it - Fleetwodd Mac, Spice Girls, 1975, Bon Jovi, Pink, Arctic Monkeys,

one I'll chuck in, just because I heard it yesterday from a music biz source - tho I really don't think it's right.

Bruce Springsteen.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

But that word "yet"?

I feel a few High Fidelity quotes coming on...

Words that eFests forum lives by:

"I agreed that what really matters is what you like, not what you are like... Books, records, films - these things matter. Call me shallow but it's the fuckin' truth."

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I accidentally wrote 2019 down as the date on a form the other day and I was pretty certain it was because of continued discussion of 2019 festivals so I can’t make fun really.

I'll probably start writing 1899 soon after a Red Dead Redemption binge.

20 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Are Rock Werchter due to announce any other headliners? They have two on Friday/Saturday but only one on Thursday/Sunday.

One for the Thursday for sure. Unlikely they will book another one for Sunday. Last time Muse played they had Kasabian subbing them but Kasabian are way smaller in Belgium. 

32 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

And the best bit....

I guess it looks as if you're reorganizing your records. What is this though, Chronological?

No.

Not alphabetical?

No.

What?

Autobiographical.

No. Fucking. Way.

"How does he do it? You ask.  How does an average guy like me become Mr #1 Loverman for his particular postal district? He's grumpy. he's broke. He hangs out with the Musical Moron Twins..."

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ten years after boring everyone half to death he's back to finish the job!

We were watching him and left because we were bored. I’ve often wondered whether I made an error of judgement or was just maybe too young to appreciate it. Thanks for clarifying.

Thank god no 1975. That’s a result. That throws the 3rd headliner wide open (Gaga).