Hi there, we are a couple coming from abroad with a 2 years old kid (that's a first) and we're hiring a Motorhome from a place near heathrow Airport. We've been before in East CV Quiet when we hired a pre-delivered caravan so this time will be my first driving to the site and sadly we only manage to get tickets to East CV (not Quiet). I have a few questions:
1. In order to be parked as close as possible to gate C, is Tuesday arrival better than Wednesday?
2. What navigation app are you using in England for driving? I see posts that people advice other people to drive in that road or the other, is there a reason for not using an app?
3. How do you fill water in the tank in the Motorhome? When we hired a caravan there was a rolling water tank outside of the caravan. According to the pictures I saw, in the Motorhome it looks like its inside the Motorhome and not rolling at all 🙂
4. ...Which leads me to ask where can I fill the water tank with ease before arriving to the festival site?
5. Is it allowed to park the Motorhome in regular car parking spots? I don't mean for overnight sleeping - if we want a stop at the supermarket or for a coffee.
6. Any recommendations on where to stop on the way to the festival for essentials (beers, nappies, etc)? After we pick up the Motorhome we drive to Redhill, Surrey to pick up a stroller we rented and only then we go to the festival.
7. Witnessing with horror the amount of Motorhomes waiting for tractor to bail them out in 2016, I took an extra day after the festival before our flight home. Of course the weather will be glorious (🙃) so we'll have time to travel on the Monday after. Any recommendations where to stop on the way back to London for a hike or a view? I'm also looking for a recommendation for where to camp\sleep with the Motorhome near London for the night, so I can easily return the Motorhome on Tuesday morning.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!