2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

18 minutes ago, ivan said:

My other half is a graphic designer and I think she would take issue with the typograhy at the top, unless they are trying to be clever and it’s me . The r’s look like v’s and why two types of S ? 

Legendary band though .

Regardiing the flag, years ago when ZZ Top played Monsters of Rock they were in abundance 

Lynyrd Skynyrd appear to have *checks notes* one founder member.

One might argue that the farewell tour took place a few decades ago.

12 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

You’re not favouring Stormzy then? Based on his Instagram post or whatever it was?

I don't think it's impossible, but I also think if he was headlining there'd be more going round suggesting that he is.

12 hours ago, CJTM said:

Does Gaga come into that bracket?

not really. Could be her all the same.

55 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

When did gaga's Glastonbury comment happen? Before or after last year's festival?. I just think she was referring to the filming and not that she was booked.

October 2016. She was attached to the film in Aug 2016 but filming didn’t start until April 2017. So it’s possible she was talking about filming at Glastonbury in 2017 but I don’t see why she couldn’t talk about a 2 minute filming segment 9 months beforehand. It wasn’t exactly a top secret surprise film or anything.

My logic (based on straw clutching) is that they were trying to book her for 2017 when she had Joanne out but as she got attached to the film and they were shooting through 2017, that was a non starter and she got pencilled in for 2019 to coincide with her new album that she’s working on and slated for release in 2019

Edited by Keithy

On 11/5/2018 at 3:32 PM, Keithy said:

For reference, Avalon stage is about 1500-2000 capacity Busted crowd was 5000 tops (and hard to gauge when Avalon is a naturally busy field for hanging out in anyway). Stick that crowd on a main stage and it'd look embarrassing. Killers was a 'massive crowd' or a stupidly large crowd.

I thought 3,000 can get in Avalon tent. And Busted filled the tent, the field, and more, to bursting. There were at least 3 million people there. Approx. Whatever it was very fun! :)

On 11/5/2018 at 3:32 PM, Keithy said:

For reference, Avalon stage is about 1500-2000 capacity Busted crowd was 5000 tops (and hard to gauge when Avalon is a naturally busy field for hanging out in anyway). Stick that crowd on a main stage and it'd look embarrassing. Killers was a 'massive crowd' or a stupidly large crowd.

6A886F09-050D-4A25-95F5-A05BF8791DD0.jpeg

7 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

I thought 3,000 can get in Avalon tent. And Busted filled the tent, the field, and more, to bursting. There were at least 3 million people there. Approx. Whatever it was very fun! :)

You might be right on the 3000. Avalon is a 4 pole tent and I think it's an MT45 (capacity 4050) or an MT54 (capacity 4752). You lose a good chunk of that (probably a quarter) for the stage, sound and light set-up, etc so 3000 - 3500 would sound about right

13 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Why do we think The Cure are Saturday and not Sunday? 

Surely Macca is Saturday as he would have been given the initial choice. Especially as The Cure are playing somewhere Friday. 

Well it gives Macca a bit more time to recover from the end of his US tour on the Wednesday, and he's a classic last-night headliner for the Sunday-ticket locals!

Edited by billum

13 minutes ago, billum said:

Well it gives Macca a bit more time to recover from the end of his US tour on the Wednesday, and he's a classic last-night headliner for the Sunday-ticket locals!

He already has nearly three days to recover if he plays Saturday. Whereas The Cure seem to be avoiding back-to-back shows in different countries on their tour. I’d go as far as to say Macca is Saturday or nowt - he played Saturday last time and Muse played Sunday so I don’t think treating the locals was such a concern at that point.

Something like this:

Headliner: The 1975 / The Cure / Paul McCartney

Sub: Catfish & The Bottlemen /  Tame Impala  / Noel Gallagher

Other:  Underworld / Stormzy / The Chemical Brothers

Other Sub: Crystal Method / Wiley / Tycho

Legend: Barbara Streisand

Gives something for everything. The kids will soak up Friday night Main Stage, the druggies can crowd Other Stage on Friday and Sunday. The Chavs and grannies and old aged can hang out at main stage on Sunday and the weirdos can congregate at Main on Saturday night. All the wannabe gangstas can run to other on Saturday night for their fix.