2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

In two months time when Michael Eavis, Emily Eavis, Glastonbury's official Twitter page, Matty Healy, The 1975's official website, Neil, Mike99, festivalsaregood and that guy who posts Rock Werchter clues on Festileaks have all announced that The 1975 are not booked for Glasto, there'll still be people on here saying they're the most likely headliner.

There'll be people hanging around for hours after Gaga has left the stage waiting for them to come on.

The Macca jetlag thing shouldn't be a problem. It's not as if he has to get up and do two full days in the office before Glastonbury. His body clock is all set to go for UK night time so all he has to do is maintain his Arizona bedtimes and he'll be full of more beans than anyone else at that time of night. It'll be like high altitude training the England team did before Mexico 86.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

In two months time when Michael Eavis, Emily Eavis, Glastonbury's official Twitter page, Matty Healy, The 1975's official website, Neil, Mike99, festivalsaregood and that guy who posts Rock Werchter clues on Festileaks have all announced that The 1975 are not booked for Glasto, there'll still be people on here saying they're the most likely headliner.

I'll wait until we hear from Bob Harris, thank you very much.

2 hours ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Why would they be pleasantly surprised? They’ve done it three times, they’ve just played the biggest UK gig of their career (afaik), they’ve headlined UK major festivals three times quite recently, sell massive amounts of tickets worldwide.

The idea its a coup for them is one I find very strange.

I seem to remember eavis saying a few years ago in an interview that they'd never done a good set at Glastonbury (might of been in the free paper at the festival). I think we all took that as they'd never play again, so it's a surprise they might be a headliner, and a bit of a coup for them. 

43 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

A top three of Gaga/Cure/Macca is pretty darn strong.

Three nights at the Pymild strong.

It's all relative, shirley. The Cure are not what I'd call a strong headliner, but I'd consider Kung Fu Kenny a strong act where others wouldn't. I'd look elsewhere if AM headlined but loads of people love them, whereas if Swifty headlined I'd be all over it.

Just now, kalifire said:

It's all relative, shirley. The Cure are not what I'd call a strong headliner, but I'd consider Kung Fu Kenny a strong act where others wouldn't. I'd look elsewhere if AM headlined but loads of people love them, whereas if Swifty headlined I'd be all over it.

AM are not headlining on TH&BC. That'd be like Radiohead turning up on King of Limbs.

A guy I know who lives down Somerset way went to a do recently at one of the posh hotels near the festival site. He said he got talking to the owner who said that he had taken a booking for the festival weekend from a headliner band but was a bit worried as the band who made the booking had a bit of a reputation back in the day for trashing hotels. Made me wonder if it could be GnR.

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

A guy I know who lives down Somerset way went to a do recently at one of the posh hotels near the festival site. He said he got talking to the owner who said that he had taken a booking for the festival weekend but was a bit worried as the band who made the booking had a bit of a reputation for trashing hotels. Made me wonder if it could be GnR.

Simple answer - don't serve any dairy.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

A guy I know who lives down Somerset way went to a do recently at one of the posh hotels near the festival site. He said he got talking to the owner who said that he had taken a booking for the festival weekend from a headliner band but was a bit worried as the band who made the booking had a bit of a reputation back in the day for trashing hotels. Made me wonder if it could be GnR.

ffs they've booked Coldplay again haven't they

8 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Beastie Boys?