2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Bands not big enough to headline according to some in here; mumfords in 2013, Arcade Fire in 2014, Adele and Radiohead in 2016, The Cure and Lady Gaga in 2019. 

Has it ever gone the other way - someone who lots tipped to headline but took a lesser slot (not counting 'secret' sets)? I can't think of one. 

Genuine question, I've only heard the single from A Star Is Born, are the rest of the songs of a similar country twang and how has that gone down with long term fans of Gaga's poppy stuff? I guess they fall at her feet no matter what she does but it seems quite a departure. though probably no more than the Tony  Bennett stuff, have you noticed I'm answering my own questions as I go?

4 hours ago, henry bear said:

Brian Johnson back in the AC/DC fold, apparently 

He was seen in the studio.

His retirement statement specifically outlined he might come back to do studio stuff but had been medically ruled unfit to do stadium/large outdoor live performances.

We've had this conversation a million times.

Not to mention they don't do festivals in the UK. Why would you when you could sell out Wembley for a week.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Genuine question, I've only heard the single from A Star Is Born, are the rest of the songs of a similar country twang and how has that gone down with long term fans of Gaga's poppy stuff? I guess they fall at her feet no matter what she does but it seems quite a departure. though probably no more than the Tony  Bennett stuff, have you noticed I'm answering my own questions as I go?

I've heard a few yes all of similar style . Lot of ballads 

55 minutes ago, battleborn said:

He was seen in the studio.

His retirement statement specifically outlined he might come back to do studio stuff but had been medically ruled unfit to do stadium/large outdoor live performances.

We've had this conversation a million times.

Not to mention they don't do festivals in the UK. Why would you when you could sell out Wembley for a week.

So when I saw them headlining Monsters Of Rock in 1981 and again in 1991 they weren't actually playing a festival?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Does nobody else find Bradley Cooper really fucking irritating? 

Few weeks ago I saw a bit of Graham Norton and almost cofused him with Barry Manilow. What's he done with/to his face? Other than that: yeah, don't really like him.

Edited by StupidDream

Cooper gets a thumbs up for being a good egg when my mates approached him when they were stotting drunk up the SE end around 4am. 

Gaga, Macca and The Cure would leave me with a top heavy pyramid weekend. Quite hoping for a 1975/Mumford/Florence effort with a decent WH dance act (Orbital?) as an alternative to break my headliners up.

59 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

For me I like her old pop stuff, didnt really like joanne, but I like the new ASIB stuff. I'm one of those people who love arcade fire's EN though. I dont need an artist to stay in their box, take a chance, do something different, who cares. 

Also I've been internetless for the last week... is their any new developments?  Why are we back to discussing gaga?

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Like Lars Ulrich, Lily Allen and the bloke off of Homes Under The Hammer, Cooper's one one of us.

Yep. Can't imagine I'd have much to say to most celebrities but I'm sure I could talk to Brad for hours about Glastonbury. 

2 hours ago, battleborn said:

That Killers headline set would be amazing. Although I think it needs a few tweaks for length from the old version. I still think their secret set last year might be a pre-cursor to a reappearance but headlining is the only way they'd play, so unless their band 3 not as likely as it once was?

1. Human
  2. All These Things That I Have Done
  3. Run for Cover
  4. Wonderful Wonderful
  5. When You Were Young
  6. Read My Mind
  7. Miss Atomic  Bomb
  8. The Man
  9. Uncle Johnny
  10. Spaceman
  11. Have All the Songs Been Written?
  12. The Man
  13. Runaways

Encore

1. Smile Like You Mean It
  2. Somebody Told Me
  3. Mr Brightside

Strange order and some weird choices which will never make it onto a festival set.

Their current festival set works...;

• The Man
  • Somebody Told Me
  • Spaceman
  • The Way It Was
  • Shot at the Night
  • Run for Cover
  • Smile Like You Mean It
  • For Reasons Unknown
  • A Dustland Fairytale
  • Runaways
  • Read My Mind
  • All These Things That I've Done
  • When You Were Young

Encore:

• The Calling
  • Human
  • Mr. Brightside

They'll be great in june..

1 minute ago, MetaKate said:

Also I've been internetless for the last week... is their any new developments?  Why are we back to discussing gaga?

I think the only thing of note is Neil has info The 1975 will headline Reading so pretty unlikely they'll headline Glastonbury. No-one's headlined both before.

6 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Cooper gets a thumbs up for being a good egg when my mates approached him when they were stotting drunk up the SE end around 4am. 

Gaga, Macca and The Cure would leave me with a top heavy pyramid weekend. Quite hoping for a 1975/Mumford/Florence effort with a decent WH dance act (Orbital?) as an alternative to break my headliners up.

Agreed. Which is the main reason for me thinking it isnt going to happen. I dont think itll be mumford or florence because it will be then 3/3 returning headliners. I think we're gunna end up getting something I wont like, i.e the 1975 or Pink