2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

I'm feeling good-ish about this set of headliners. I reckon they've got a pretty solid set there, but my only criticism would be that The Cure and Macca are both classic British rock acts. Although they're each great bookings on their own, bit too similar. If one of them turns out to be bum info and it's really Gaga, then we're fully cooking with gas.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Even with the addition of McCartney it's not what you'd call a classic set of headliners, or at least it doesn't feel like it right now what with it including Stormzy who a lot of people assumed would sub and The Cure who many didn't expect to get the gig again. Maybe time will be kinder to it, but right now it isn't getting me particularly buzzed.

I suppose it's a lot about who is headlining elsewhere and quality or other time slots . I am still really hoping for gaga as I don't mind her but my wife absolutely loves her .

I can't say she feels the same about the cure or stormzy 

Wow feels early to have this sorted, but it's not a bad set in my opinion. Would have been nice to have a woman in there but I get that choices are limited and I think it's great to give Stormzy the boost. As it stands I could watch any of them quite happily, Stormzy mainly out of curiosity, but could easily be led elsewhere too.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Just now, LiamMcMillen said:

If Stormzy works this well and goes all out you could be looking at a headline set featuring the likes of Ghetts, Wretch 32, Lily Allen, MNEK and whoever features on his second record. Even Sheeran could turn up... could be a pretty fantastic spectacle of it all comes together 

Well I would much rather just see Stormzy than any of them.

Best case scenario now is that Macca is actually booked for 2020 and 2019 is Stormzy/Gaga/The Cure. Would stop the discussions over who's gonna play Saturday out of Macca and The Cure, too.

2019: Stormzy, Gaga, The Cure

2020: Kendrick, Macca, Elton

Perfect. Though I do think it'll be Macca this year rather than Gaga.

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Best case scenario now is that Macca is actually booked for 2020 and 2019 is Stormzy/Gaga/The Cure. Would stop the discussions over who's gonna play Saturday out of Macca and The Cure, too.

2019: Stormzy, Gaga, The Cure

2020: Kendrick, Macca, Elton

Perfect. Though I do think it'll be Macca this year rather than Gaga.

Don't think Britain's ready for Stormzy and Gaga both headlining in 2k19.

It's a bit of a departure from the past few years, noticeably lacking a contemporary mainstram act, but it looks good to me. I agree that The Cure and Macca are a bit similar in a sense and in an ideal world I'd trade The Cure for Gaga or Florence, but it's more interesting on paper than the last two lineups at least (in my opinion of course). 

I very much like the idea of moving away from the huge mega stadium acts, although it might be a case of availability rather than choice.  

Do we think Noel would sub if he played?, I'm not sure his latest set of dates have enough in them for that, he's doing headline dates that Stereophonics and MSP do...I think if he was offered 3rd down he should snap it but I can't see him accepting lower that his brother.

Personally.

out of Stormzy, Liam, Gambino, The Cure, Macca and Noel I'd see 4 with a potential 5. 

If so:

Stormzy, Liam

The Cure, Gaga

Macca, Noel..based on who he is.

No way surely are they going to have the top 6 all being male artists...I've taken Gambino out as I don't see them getting him at all.

Based on that I think you have Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa and Ezra as 3rd. Slash would be good to slip in but without GNR there really isn't going to be a huge base for it I doubt,

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

It's a bit of a departure from the past few years, noticeably lacking a contemporary mainstram act, but it looks good to me. I agree that The Cure and Macca are a bit similar in a sense and in an ideal world I'd trade The Cure for Gaga or Florence, but it's more interesting on paper than the last two lineups at least (in my opinion of course). 

I very much like the idea of moving away from the huge mega stadium acts, although it might be a case of availability rather than choice.  

What on earth is Stormzy if not a contemporary mainstream act lol?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Based on that I think you have Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa and Ezra as 3rd. Slash would be good to slip in but without GNR there really isn't going to be a huge base for it I doubt,

I don't know about that, a fair few on here have said they regretted seeing the football instead of slash - mind you that could've been to do with the game...I wasn't there that year. And following on from the g'n'r comeback he'd attract an audience.

Edited by slash's hat

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Put him back in mate. Lady Gaga isn't subbing.

And at this point I doubt Ariana would take third down either. Her last single has broken the "most streamed single by a female artist" every day since it came out, and the last two its broken the "most streamed single by any artist".

She's a force at the moment, which I hadn't expected considering she's kinda stuck in a situation where she's promoting 2 singles (breathin and thank you, next) from 2 different albums at the same time.