Gorillaz

gmb1992

On 3/7/2017 at 11:42 AM, liamium said:

don't see it. what i do see though is them doing something special for the MIF17

I don't think they will, the new MIF team are very keen on the line up being different from what's been programmed before, so I think because Damon's done so much at MIF in the past that won't happen 

14 minutes ago, SandwichDragon said:

I don't think they will, the new MIF team are very keen on the line up being different from what's been programmed before, so I think because Damon's done so much at MIF in the past that won't happen 

Yeah I agree. That was just a little blind optimism 2 months ago before the full MIF programme was announced :)

Refreshed for half an hour for London but got nothing (for standing, only crappy seats in the higher blocks were available) this morning, just tried Birmingham got two standing. Presume most sold out in the pre-sale then?

10 hours ago, clucking said:

Refreshed for half an hour for London but got nothing (for standing, only crappy seats in the higher blocks were available) this morning, just tried Birmingham got two standing. Presume most sold out in the pre-sale then?

if better specs don't come up in main sale, twickets and scarletmist are you friend

Edited by Levitz

12 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Did you get to see him do anything?

Woodenly performing a song he'd clearly only recorded the vocals for and mailed in before and had never played outside of a rehearsal room.  It's nice to have seen him in the flesh, but it was really nothing great.

4 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

That Graham Norton performance seemed really odd...anyone else find it weird that they're really hammering home the fact Noel featured on a track but didn't even put his name on the tracklisting?

Yeah. It gets rags paying attention though so I kinda see why.

That performance really epitomised the album for me though. These guests all stacked up on one another, all together messy and without much actual end product. Song is still pure awful. 

I know it's just one performance but it'll be a shame if they do away with the cartoon band playing on the backdrop for good. Obviously the music can stand up on its own but that was always something interesting that separated them from the rest.

Edited by dentalplan

I love Gorillaz, but can't see them working as an arena show. The Manchester Opera House and Roundhouse shows were great, and the Plastic Beach warm up shows in smaller venues were really fun, but I can't see it working in a larger venue. It would just be a vacuum of atmosphere like Glastonbury.

Edited by fowls

27 minutes ago, fowls said:

I love Gorillaz, but can't see them working as an arena show. The Manchester Opera House and Roundhouse shows were great, and the Plastic Beach warm up shows in smaller venues were really fun, but I can't see it working in a larger venue. It would just be a vacuum of atmosphere like Glastonbury.

They were fine in the O2 and atmosphere was good where I was. Smaller shows would be better, but then that's the case for lots of bands

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Zero.

It's not just Damon, it's getting all the collaborators involved too.

To be fair, the tour never includes all the collaborators.  I think the most they ever had was when the played the Pyramid.

I'm not hopeful, but it could happen.  Damon recently said that Gorillaz has had over a hundred musicians playing on the records over the years.  Surely there's enough on site over the weekend.  A quick glace at the line up gives me:

• Kano
  • Little Dragon
  • Rag'n'Bone Man

Hmm, Plastic Beach artists and someone from the 'bonus disc'.  Maybe not :)

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Zero.

It's not just Damon, it's getting all the collaborators involved too.

In the interview on Graham Norton, Damon said they wouldnt have the collaborators with them for as many of the gigs this tour so maybe as a less stripped down version without the visuals etc they are more likely?!