Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

6 hours ago, justperfect said:

Cabbage have "liked" a comment I made regarding a Glastonbury appearance on their facebook page, its the only reply the band have acknowledged,  im taking this as a self confirmation and predict a mid afternoon slot in the JP with an unannounced set at the BBC introducing.

And a set at the leftfield... easily.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Lanegan won't be within an asses roar of the Pyramid Stage. Have seen him countless times and think hes mumbled "thank you" about 3 or 4 times in total and thats it.

Could be early afternoon on the Other stage maybe?

16 hours ago, Fingerbobs said:

I switched off at Bubblegum for some reason.  it just didn't do it for me so I gently closed the door to my Lanegan room and haven't peeped in since. I second Field Songs as a high point but also his covers album I'll Take Care of You which blew me away when I got it, esp coming after (s)craps at midnight. 

You should reopen that room and have a listen to Blues Funeral.  Fantastic record.

Duke Garwood might put in an appearance somewhere at Glastonbury, for those who like that sort of thing, he's pretty much made a career from riding on Mark's coat tails, I have it on good authority he's in the Mark Lanegan Band this time round, and not just for the odd couple of songs like before.  

Edited by Dark Star

4 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Lanegan's poster unusually shows which of his festival shows his support acts are also playing, and it doesn't have Garwood playing at Glasto.

There's a stack of errors in that poster - Glassgow being the most obivous.  
Garwood's not listed at one of the German dates, but is support.  He'll be at Glasto so there's a possibility, for those who like that sort of thing.  

2 hours ago, Dark Star said:

There's a stack of errors in that poster - Glassgow being the most obivous.  
Garwood's not listed at one of the German dates, but is support.  He'll be at Glasto so there's a possibility, for those who like that sort of thing.  

Ah fair enough, I was just going off the poster.

36 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Someone called the 24hr Garage Girls and Soul Food DJs.

And this is virtually a confirmation that the Showhawk Duo will be back again.

24 hour garage girls look like they wash your hair and  do a gig, them women can multi task

Edited by shuttlep

6 hours ago, Woffy said:

Isn't he Mr Melanie Blatt from All Saints?

The original bassist and now Ex Mr Melanie Blatt plies his trade with Mark Ronson these days (after a quick google). 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If so he's got better things to do than monitoring social media.

Anyone who is involved with any of those four girls should have better things to do than social media!

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

You'll find this one hard to believe.....

Someone tells me that it was recently whispered at a gig of theirs that Hobo Jones and The Junkyard Dogs will be back again to play the Avalon Stage.

.... not! :)

With my clairvoyant powers, I foresee 1pm on the Friday (I can provide the setlist if anyone's curious)