Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Did somebody not confirm or at least hint that they were gonna be there? Be a shame if they're not doing the Sgt Peppers thing but I'd love to see them early doors on a main stage anyway 

yeah, there was a suggestion via someone's facebook contact that they're playing, which wouldn't be a surprise cos they're regulars.

And ignore my msg above, it looks like I was talking tosh, and I've yet to find where they're playing with the orchestra.

On 1/25/2017 at 5:15 PM, eFestivals said:

Not quite a self-confirm, tho from a tweet there's reason to think there might be something to it.

You'll need a babel fish.

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/nieuws/2017/Eurosonic/ESNS17--De-afrekening-van-Eurosonic-Noorderslag-2017.html

If that's Noisia self-confirming that's very exciting for DnB fans. Hopefully it's the full live show, which is meant to be pretty good.

Detail:

I've been given a whole stage to curate while people are camping up, so I'm going to be doing a semi-ambient evening – and I've got Steve and Miquette promising me they're going to do the whole of Rainbow Dome Music (Hillage's seminal 1979 ambient solo album) to start the whole thing off, which will be pretty damn fantastic.

1 hour ago, EIaine said:

Very nice. Added to the (Spotify) playlist. That Steve Hillage album is seriously trippy (in a nice, relaxing way).

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Did Charlotte Church confirm that her pop dungeon would return next festival (this year)? I seem to remember that from just after last year but can't find it now.

From what I remember, I think someone posted that she'd said "she you next year" or words to that effect.

But given that she's at the Festival every year in one form or another, I wouldn't read anything specific into it.

On 1/27/2017 at 4:29 PM, The Nal said:

Superb. Same slot A Guy Called Gerald did in the Glade last year maybe? 

He was absolutely awful unfortunately. I seen Gerald twice at the Glade last year and was really disappointed on both occasions. Who ever was on before him on the Thursday was ace, then Gerald killed it.

I don't think dj'ing his is best suit really.