Foo Fighters

Gozpot

aye if they're touring that two week window then it makes total sense for them to get Glastonbury out of the way during it and make room for them to play another festival in 2018. in fact it wouldn't surprise me if they're already planning on playing Reading in 2018 and know they can't do both in the same year

Just now, Matt42 said:

seems odd that they are only touring for one short period of the year

Do you reckon they were gonna do Glasto / Rock Werchter as a one off? But then it got extended as they got offers from other places?

if this 'big offer from other festivals' thing is true then they probably just worked it around those festivals and decided which other festivals (like Glastonbury) would it logistically be easier to do this year and which to leave until next year etc

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

if this 'big offer from other festivals' thing is true then they probably just worked it around those festivals and decided which other festivals (like Glastonbury) would it logistically be easier to do this year and which to leave until next year etc

surely they'd have to put themselves as available in order for those festivals to give them an offer? 

Pure speculation but I reckon the foos may well have been planning to do Glastonbury as a one off. (I know it sounds silly but they did the Invictus Games as a one off), and festivals got wind they were available and started giving them offers they couldn't refuse (heh) and it turned into a bit of an extended one off tour.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

surely they'd have to put themselves as available in order for those festivals to give them an offer? 

Pure speculation but I reckon the foos may well have been planning to do Glastonbury as a one off. (I know it sounds silly but they did the Invictus Games as a one off), and festivals got wind they were available and started giving them offers they couldn't refuse (heh) and it turned into a bit of an extended one off tour.

why would Glastonbury get the special honour of being the one off? if they were gonna gear up and go on the road for one show i'm sure they would definitely do a few more. Glastonbury ain't that special

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Purely speculation on my part too but I was guessing that the sheer amount of gear transported and getting support crews over etc for gigs as large as the foos do these days, it's probably more of a 'while we're over there' situation 

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I think this shit happens because festivals come together to offer successive major paydays in a short period of time. If Glastonbury was further apart from all the other festivals then I don't think they'd be playing.

Told you we should have moved it to Scotland. 

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

why would Glastonbury get the special honour of being the one off? if they were gonna gear up and go on the road for one show i'm sure they would definitely do a few more. Glastonbury ain't that special

Sometimes as a forum we can forget to the outside world Glastonbury is just a few headlines in June and that's it, to us on here its our mecca and we love it but I know I can loose sight of the fact there is so many other options that pay better for bands.

on the plus I CANT FU*CKING WAIT for the FOO'S dad rock or not I love it.

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

aye if they're touring that two week window then it makes total sense for them to get Glastonbury out of the way during it and make room for them to play another festival in 2018. in fact it wouldn't surprise me if they're already planning on playing Reading in 2018 and know they can't do both in the same year

I imagine although Glasto isn't the best paying they are ticking it off while they are around as it's close to where they need.

I reckon provided Reading know about FF's plans then it is probably all a done deal already.

17 hours ago, James96 said:

What about if they're booked for R+L instead? Obviously the dates point more logically towards Glasto but could R+L have picked them up? They are due a headliner announcement soon aren't they? (Though it's probably Kasabian)

Id say that they're definitely not booked for R+L if a close source is anything to go by.

Edited by Familiar2billions

3 hours ago, jparx said:

That's incredible. You've made my day.

i have a manager who until recently was convinced Spain was an island due to its outline being portrayed as such in a textbook at school. She only found out when she asked why some friends were going skiing on an island...Andorra that is.

She's 29.

6 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

i have a manager who until recently was convinced Spain was an island due to its outline being portrayed as such in a textbook at school. She only found out when she asked why some friends were going skiing on an island...Andorra that is.

She's 29.

you should really do her head in and ask her why people can't ski on an island. :P

22 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

She's 29.

She could be the next foreign secretary the way things are going.. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Pretty sure they played the 'we haven't been asked' game before they were announced in 2015 so worth reading precisely nothing into that wee quote.