Foo Fighters

Gozpot

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Where you looking?

they probably assumed that the well lit bits indicated an announcement.

For Zahid its the red you want not the white. The big blob of white in the bottom right (SE) of the UK is just London and the Home Counties lit up at night. If they announce a London gig, expect that to turn red before its announced.

6 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

they probably assumed that the well lit bits indicated an announcement.

For Zahid its the red you want not the white. The big blob of white in the bottom right (SE) of the UK is just London and the Home Counties lit up at night. If they announce a London gig, expect that to turn red before its announced.

ah cool. cheers

with every announcement the glastonbury appearance seems even less and less special (if that's possible). Is there anywhere these money grabbing, aids denying, anti-vaccination preaching fuckwits arent playing?

An appalling booking announced in the most depressing manner ever in the history of the festival. 

18 minutes ago, russycarps said:

with every announcement the glastonbury appearance seems even less and less special (if that's possible). Is there anywhere these money grabbing, aids denying, anti-vaccination preaching fuckwits arent playing?

An appalling booking announced in the most depressing manner ever in the history of the festival. 

So you're saying your happy their headlining.......

22 minutes ago, russycarps said:

The words are there, but I'm not feeling the fire behind them.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Get off the fence and tell us how you really feel about the Foo Fighters.

Get your point though, for me I had the same feelings about Metallica which felt like they'd been playing any festival or gig going for years before their Glastonbury slot.

6 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Get off the fence and tell us how you really feel about the Foo Fighters.

Get your point though, for me I had the same feelings about Metallica which felt like they'd been playing any festival or gig going for years before their Glastonbury slot.

Isn't that the same for any artist?

20 minutes ago, Maurice Mecca said:

Speaking generally of small and large bands I suppose it is, but that's not necessarily what I was referring to, I was specifically referring to festival headliners who are playing a wide coverage of gigs and festivals in a very short space of time, it just means it's not a very impressive booking is all.

1 hour ago, Maurice Mecca said:

Yeah, it tends to be. Headliners don't often turn up at Glastonbury for a 'one off'. I don't get why the Foo Fighters get stick for doing a number of dates around Glastonbury, but Radiohead less so. They have a similar number of festival dates lined up.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Still pales into insignificance to the countrywide over-saturation of Kasabian in the years prior to them doing two hours of Oggie Oggie Oggie! Oi Oi Oi! on the Pyramid.

The Radiohead lads are hardly a Glasto exclusive either. Played a load of festivals this year and half of the upcoming dates are festivals. 

Ed Sheeran seems to be the only "special" headliner for 2017.

42 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The Radiohead lads are hardly a Glasto exclusive either. Played a load of festivals this year and half of the upcoming dates are festivals. 

it's this whole countdown thing that irks me, rather than just the fact they are playing everywhwre. As if the whole of europe is sat on the edge of their seats waiting for their country to be announced. Arrogant c**ts

radiohead at least just announced they are playing without too much of a fanfare (yes I know they did that sign thing, but it was nothing like this nonsense)

and as for the tits from leicester, I did get the impression that headlining glastonbury meant a lot to them, so I cant really dislike them that much. The aids denier comes across as absolutely insincere

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

It looks very Arctic Monkeys to me, I think it'll be the only festival he does in the UK this year unless there is something at Glasgow, there is currently no reason to think there will be a BST show either.

I personally dont care about festival exclusive slots, in fact I wish there was less of them as it would likely result in better line-ups all round. Not that I don't understand why they do it though.

I think Foo Fighters are a good headliner as well, they always turn up, play well, put on a show and get the audience up for it, have plenty of hits so even casual fans can join in.

Prob wont bother myself mind unless theres nothing better on but when I have seen them in the past they've always been good.