Foo Fighters

Gozpot

Time for me to feel old then! It was towards the beginning of my festival experiences though.

Alas I think the White Stripes are one of the least likely bands with all members alive to reform this side of REM. That night I turned from a curious observer who liked a few of their tracks to a fan within the first few tracks.

White Stripes at Hyde Park that year were ace. QOTSA on just before was excellent. Had a great time at that gig, that was the last Hyde Park gig I saw where the sound wasn't shit - I won't go now despite knowing they have apparently approved things after how shit the Arcade Fire sound was and how ruined it made the gig for me!

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

White Stripes at Hyde Park that year were ace. QOTSA on just before was excellent. Had a great time at that gig, that was the last Hyde Park gig I saw where the sound wasn't shit - I won't go now despite knowing they have apparently approved things after how shit the Arcade Fire sound was and how ruined it made the gig for me!

Sounds was much better for Blur BST, the time before hand when Pixies supported then it was terrible.

Even if the sound had been bad, for the price it would have been hard to argue. 

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Sounds was much better for Blur BST, the time before hand when Pixies supported then it was terrible.

Even if the sound had been bad, for the price it would have been hard to argue. 

I forgot I went to the Blur gig for the Olympics.

I only got good sound right at the back by the screens, we found that as soon as The Specials went off and NO came on the sound got worse where we were¬! Maybe just me!

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

I forgot I went to the Blur gig for the Olympics.

I only got good sound right at the back by the screens, we found that as soon as The Specials went off and NO came on the sound got worse where we were¬! Maybe just me!

That was it, New Order not Pixies. New Order sound was terrible, it got a bit better for Blur.

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

That was it, New Order not Pixies. New Order sound was terrible, it got a bit better for Blur.

Again with Blur I think it was patchy, Our group started in a real dead spot and spent some time looking for a good one.

Perhaps I'm just a pedant.

It makes me grateful that they have such good sound systems/engineers at Glastonbury, I know the sound isn't always perfect but it seems so much better and consistent than any other outdoor venue I've been to.

The sound at that Blur Olympics gig was the worst I've ever known at any gig. Spent the first 5-6 songs moving around as we couldn't hear a thing, eventually we had to stand next to a speaker tower to be able to enjoy it. If you listen to the live album you can still hear people yelling "turn it up" between songs.

Thought it was much better at the Strokes and Blur gigs in 15 though.

17 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Again with Blur I think it was patchy, Our group started in a real dead spot and spent some time looking for a good one.

Perhaps I'm just a pedant.

It makes me grateful that they have such good sound systems/engineers at Glastonbury, I know the sound isn't always perfect but it seems so much better and consistent than any other outdoor venue I've been to.

We didn't get much further than the left speaker back a bit and that was okay, I moved out after a toilet run a bit closer to food places and it was still fine tbh. Didn't arrive for support in 15 as wasn't fussed.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The sound at that Blur Olympics gig was the worst I've ever known at any gig. Spent the first 5-6 songs moving around as we couldn't hear a thing, eventually we had to stand next to a speaker tower to be able to enjoy it. If you listen to the live album you can still hear people yelling "turn it up" between songs.

Thought it was much better at the Strokes and Blur gigs in 15 though.

Probably echo that man! It was the gig that made me decide never to go Hyde again.....and then the irony 3 years later haha.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

We didn't get much further than the left speaker back a bit and that was okay, I moved out after a toilet run a bit closer to food places and it was still fine tbh. Didn't arrive for support in 15 as wasn't fussed.

Probably echo that man! It was the gig that made me decide never to go Hyde again.....and then the irony 3 years later haha.

Ah, I was talking about the Olympic gig too so I think we're all agreeing about the same thing.

7 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I got very lucky for that Blur 2012 gig for sound. I have still avoided any gig at Hyde Park since though, because I don't want to take the risk.

Exactly the same here.  Was in the front bit to the right of the screen - fine sound there.  Was terrible when I saw Foo Fighters and RHCP there in years previous though

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

From ad for this week's Kerrang:

"Taylor won’t tell us if the Foo Fighters are playing Glastonbury this year. He reckons he hasn’t been told because he can’t be trusted not to blab secrets."

http://www.kerrang.com/46934/lower-than-atlantis/

NME had the same story in november IIRC

• 4 months later...