Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, DaveyGee said:

Not my cup of tea, but Bruno Mars is touring next year with an album release in November this year.

Thoughts?

Yeah, you can have my thoughts on the midget twat - I hope he loses all his fingers and his voicebox being attacked by ravenous death-squirrels and never stinks up the world with any more of his hideous, really wild show theme song stealing 'music'. 

Im not a fan. 

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

Yeah, you can have my thoughts on the midget twat - I hope he loses all his fingers and his voicebox being attacked by ravenous death-squirrels and never stinks up the world with any more of his hideous, really wild show theme song stealing 'music'. 

Im not a fan. 

LOL, I wouldn't have guessed ;)

13 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Im not a fan. 

Ah-fucking-men

36 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Heard he puts on a cracking show and heard his name bandied around. Also, he'd bring Sting on stage and that would piss off folk on here so I'm all for it!

He does put on a good show.. but '24k Magic' needs to never be played on the Pyramid Stage, for the sake of all humanity. If Glastonbury are looking for that sort of all-out pop carnival show they'd be far better off asking Mr Timberlake to bring his considerably larger number of bangers, and I think Mr Mars will probably do BST anyway.

Edited by Zac Quinn

9 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

He does put on a good show.. but '24k Magic' needs to never be played on the Pyramid Stage, for the sake of all humanity. If Glastonbury are looking for that sort of all-out pop carnival show they'd be far better off asking Mr Timberlake to bring his considerably larger number of bangers, and I think Mr Mars will probably do BST anyway.

Sounds about right. 

The weeknd tour announced

Sun March 05 2017 - MANCHESTER Arena

Tue March 07 2017 - LONDON O2 Arena

Wed March 08 2017 - LONDON O2 Arena

Fri March 10 2017 - GLASGOW SSE Hydro

Sat March 11 2017 - NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE Metro Radio Arena

Mon March 13 2017 - BIRMINGHAM Barclaycard Arena

Tue March 14 2017 - LEEDS first direct Arena

Seems unlikely after that.  

19 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Phase 1 of the tour ends early June. More to be announced, hopefully he's still got festivals to announce.

Trying for Manchester regardless.

29 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

He evidently thinks he's a lot more popular in this country than any previous evidence has suggested he is ... as many UK arena dates as Swifty has played on her last two tours combined :( 

Edited by Zac Quinn

10 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

He evidently thinks he's a lot more popular in this country than any previous evidence has suggested he is ... as many UK arena dates as Swifty has played on her last two tours combined :( 

Really? I think anyone would have expected him to do arenas at this point. I don't reckon it's based on his opinion anyway as he won't be the one booking the shows. :P

See no reason why that'd make him unlikely by the way. His US shows finish perfectly for him to come back for European festivals.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Really? I think anyone would have expected him to do arenas at this point.

Arenas fine but seven nights of them? Mackelmore doing that many earlier this year felt like it was pushing it and I don't see The Weeknd as any bigger than him. Maybe there's a so-far-unheard world dominating third single from this new album which will make him a bit more popular. Idk.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't reckon it's based on his opinion anyway as he won't be the one booking the shows. :P

:P

7 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Arenas fine but seven nights of them? Mackelmore doing that many earlier this year felt like it was pushing it and I don't see The Weeknd as any bigger than him. Maybe there's a so-far-unheard world dominating third single from this new album which will make him a bit more popular. Idk.

:P

I'd say Weeknd is a lot more popular than Macklemore. Weeknd has a lot of fans waiting for this from his House of Balloon days. His last album was a commercial success and STARBOY has been so far.

31 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's a prelude to them doing summer festies, surely.

In which case, chances of them doing the G have got to be close to a sure thing.

Yep another for the clashfest.

22 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

I'd say Weeknd is a lot more popular than Macklemore. Weeknd has a lot of fans waiting for this from his House of Balloon days. His last album was a commercial success and STARBOY has been so far.

I think Starboy getting no. 2 despite being trash is pretty telling of his popularity, yeah. False Alarm irredeemable tho.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yep another for the clashfest.

I think Starboy getting no. 2 despite being trash is pretty telling of his popularity, yeah. False Alarm irredeemable tho.

I don't mind Starboy, it's pretty much a commercial version of Lonely Star. I'm not a fan of False Alarm either. Hes been working with his old team whilst making this album, so I'm praying there's something on there that harks back to HoB/Thursday/EoS.

50 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

looking at The Weeknd's tour dates I'd imagine he's a Coachella headliner.

there's a month long gap between the UK leg and the US one starting, during which Coachella's 2 weekends take place. The US leg kicks off a few days after Coachella weekend 2.

Would he be outright or double?, only thing that makes me question it is the LA Forum gig but that will have mostly likely easily sold out by then.

Also widely opens upto a probable Glasto Other stage/Pyramid slot.