Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yeah pretty much what Nal said, provided you're not going in expecting RATM I think it would be pretty excellent. 

Saw Public Enemy support Prodigy in Manchester not long ago and Chuck D nailed it. 

Well he performs for Public Enemy, he should nail it for his own band.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yeah pretty much what Nal said, provided you're not going in expecting RATM I think it would be pretty excellent. 

Saw Public Enemy support Prodigy in Manchester not long ago and Chuck D nailed it. 

Saw that show in Newcastle, got to be one of the best packages I've ever seen.

Only perfect main-support pairing I can think of better right now  was Depeche Mode and Jezabels. 

Metronomy have just announced a few dates at the end of May on their Facebook page. Would love for them to play Glastonbury. A festival highlight for me was seeing them in some random tent at Bestival in 2011. Although I've got a funny feeling they'll clash with Radiohead on West Holts on Friday Night night if they do play. Hope I'm wrong.

10 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Yeah that was annoying. Did you manage to get to the Williams Green set?

Their Queen's Head (remember that?) set is one of my fondest festival memories. Learnt about Jacko's death a few minutes before they came on stage, and when we left the tent the world was a very different place. Unforgettable.

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

Yeah that was annoying. Did you manage to get to the Williams Green set?

I was stuck outside the tent unfortunately so the sound was very muddy. It's a shame that the WG tent isn't a little bit larger, it's not the first time I've had troubles over that part of the farm.

1 hour ago, reflekting said:

I was stuck outside the tent unfortunately so the sound was very muddy. It's a shame that the WG tent isn't a little bit larger, it's not the first time I've had troubles over that part of the farm.

Ah I see. Well I had to endure some of The 1975 to make sure I was in for Metronomy... that was unfortunate too.

Yes, it's always soo rammed there. I didn't even bother this year (except for listening to The Smyths from wayy outside the tent).

21 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Metronomy have just announced a few dates at the end of May on their Facebook page. Would love for them to play Glastonbury. A festival highlight for me was seeing them in some random tent at Bestival in 2011. Although I've got a funny feeling they'll clash with Radiohead on West Holts on Friday Night night if they do play. Hope I'm wrong.

I love Metronomy, seen them in Manchester every tour (bar one when I was in NY) since 2009 totally stalked these dudes!! Have had chats with them, photos and signed stuff as they are the most down to earth people ever!!

Watch their WG set and The Park set last time they were at Glastonbury, they were fantastic :D

Edited by shoptildrop

3 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I love Metronomy, seen them in Manchester every tour (bar one when I was in NY) since 2009 totally stalked these dudes!! Have had chats with them, photos and signed stuff as they are the most down to earth people ever!!

Watch their WG set and The Park set last time they were at Glastonbury, they were fantastic :D

Yeah, brought myself to watch their set on the iPlayer on the Saturday when I was supposed to be at Glastonbury 2014 after many joints and beers of regret. It looked fantastic. That would have been the first Park Stage headliner that I would've watched if I went.

9 hours ago, CHRLY said:

@marcoolio pointed out that I put this in the wrong thread:

Swans back in the UK late May. I've just got tickets for their Manchester show with The Fall for £20! Bargain.

Makes it perhaps a wee bit more likely for the Park headliner dream to come alive.

Hmm I posted it earlier in this thread but be wary. The John Carpenter show that Victoria Warehouse took on from ATP was horrendously oversold and people had to 'watch' from two rooms over. Now with such an ATP slant on the line up its got that air. That said I'm probably gonna pick tickets up for it at that price.

American Football are playing Maifeld Derby in Germany the weekend before Glasto. Could certainly see them playing - perfect for a Park slot.

12 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Yeah, brought myself to watch their set on the iPlayer on the Saturday when I was supposed to be at Glastonbury 2014 after many joints and beers of regret. It looked fantastic. That would have been the first Park Stage headliner that I would've watched if I went.

2014 was actually my favourite year